Upstate NY Babies

Baby Crack Machine?

Well, since I hate my the humidifier and R woke up at 3:45am when dh walked out of the bedroom to go to work....I need something to help filter noise outside his room. He is a deep sleeper when he first goes to bed but light as it gets closer to wake up time.

He has his mobile box (you take the mobile off and it plays music/heartbeat and shine moving animals on the ceiling) and music for 1 hr when he first goes to bed. I would like to wean him off the mobile thing (he turned it on at 3:45 and it is too bright), so maybe the crack machine shine stars or something? Which one do you ladies use? Anyone have this one? Can it stay on or does it only have a timer?

https://www.amazon.com/Homedics-SS-3000-Soundspa-Lullaby-White/dp/B000QTSW64/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1296470286&sr=1-1

Since the humidifier was a free replacement I can't return it. It seems to be worth $50 but not sold in stores around here. I ditched the big box, but should I try and sell it on CL or just keep it for a back up?  

Re: Baby Crack Machine?

• We have the crack machine you posted.  We never use the lights for it, we just use the "rain" setting I believe it is.  It is constant white noise.  We leave it on all the time for the naps and bedtime.  There is a timer button on there, but we have never used it.  I think it might be for the light feature though, not the sound.  But not positive.  We don't have a spot in the room to keep it that works for the light mobile part of it.

Since it works, you could try selling it on CL.  What do you hate about it, just that it is quiet?  Maybe just move it into your room if you don't have one already.

• We have the same one.  Gavin listens to the rain every night and every naptime. We don't use the timer...it stays on all night.  I love it, and will be asking for another for the new baby.  I don't plan to give it up anytime soon.  We take it everywhere we go, too!  
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the one you posted. it can stay on or go on a timer.. And it has a projector light with a couple discs.. I know one is fish and one is lambs.. but the spinner stopped working on our after awhile (maybe a little less less than a year?) so we don't use the projector anymore..  You don't have to to turn that part on.

I think for the price the homedics one is a good deal.. I am gonna get another one for Natalie. they sell them at target now.. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • This is the one we have and FYI...we got it at Bed Bath and Beyond so you could use your 20% coupon. This has worked great for us. We keep it on the ocean sound for her all night long and during naps too. I had been turning on the projector part of it too for her but DH told I needed to choose that or her night light, not both. So I kept the night light on and decided to not turn the projector on....seeing as for her it didn't seem to matter whether it was on or not.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejnk062602:

What do you hate about it, just that it is quiet?  Maybe just move it into your room if you don't have one already.

It is messy...there is a spout at the top that you can rotate but not any further than the front sides. It has chrome looking plastic on top that ends up with puddled water and white dust after a night if running. It makes zero noise and has only 2 levels for mist.....really misty or way too misty! haha

https://www.amazon.com/Bionaire-Ultrasonic-Humidifier/dp/B002MYZFKC

• https://www.amazon.com/HoMedics-SS-2000-Relaxation-Machine-Nature/dp/B000F3QG0U/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296505630&sr=1-1-catcorr

We have this one. Very small and portable as well, we are able to toss it in the diaper bag if she is napping elsewhere. Great white noise sound (waterfall).

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"