Indiana Babies
Options

Daycare woes! Need suggestions!

OK, we've started to look at daycares for this fall and we're torn.  I don't know ANYONE who lives in my area that uses a home daycare or I'd go on their recommendation.  We've looked at Kindercare (which was fine) and the JCC (which was fabulous - although has a 12-18 mth waitlist so infant care is probably out of the question).  We're contimplating a nanny but have no idea what to expect to pay for per week.  So my questions are:

1.  Do you know of any daycares (home or centers) in the 86th & Ditch - Keystone at the Crossing area in Indianapolis?

2.  If you have a nanny (and don't mind sharing) how much do you pay them a week and how'd you find them?

I have to go back to work in October and really trying to figure out all our options.  TIA!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Daycare woes! Need suggestions!

• Options

At least you have time on your hands.....we waited till after DS was born to figure it out all out which was totally stressful. 

I wish I had the website that someone else gave me on here.  It has the licensed daycares on there, contact info, and any regulations they are breaking.   It was very helpful. 

We pay 125 a week for full time daycare.

• Options

https://secure.in.gov/apps/fssa/carefinder/index.html

This website has all the licensed care facilities in it's database.  It was very valuable to us as we were looking.  As a side note, religious based daycares do not have to be licensed, but are still located on this website.  I'm not sure why that is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageemmbloom:

https://secure.in.gov/apps/fssa/carefinder/index.html

This website has all the licensed care facilities in it's database.  It was very valuable to us as we were looking.  As a side note, religious based daycares do not have to be licensed, but are still located on this website.  I'm not sure why that is.

This is what we used for now our 3rd daycare providor and I think 3rd time is the charm!  Very helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"