Upstate NY Babies
Options

NBR: Vent about Direct TV

We've had Direct TV since September.  We finally got our local channels at the end of November.  Well their contract with our local FOX station went in to negotiation as of 1/1/11 and they still haven't come to an agreement.  If they don't by Sunday we have to miss the Super Bowl!  We don't really care about either team, but we're football fans (and new commercial fans ;) so this just sucks.  It doesn't start until 6:30 and DD is in bed by 7/7:30 so it's too late to really go anywhere to watch. 

I just wanna be able to watch the game Crying

Whiney vent over.

I have to say though, we've been very happy with Direct TV other than this issue.  They're customer service is always great.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11

Re: NBR: Vent about Direct TV

• Options

What is the deal with Fox and these stupid negotiations?? Once a year they run those messgaes if you have time warner and want to keep fox - then switch to Direct or Dish...well if someone did they're probably pissed right now!

They will figure something out before the superbowl for sure!!

You can also go out ad pick up a Digital Antenna from Radio Shack for $25 and that will give you all local channels in HD (it is actually clearer than cable) We did that when we lost CBS (???) a few years ago and DH was freaking about football.

• Options
    imageTelyco:

You can also go out ad pick up a Digital Antenna from Radio Shack for $25 and that will give you all local channels in HD (it is actually clearer than cable) We did that when we lost CBS (???) a few years ago and DH was freaking about football.

We bought an antenna too when Time Warner couldn't come to an agreement with whatever station and we were not able to watch football.  The next week the agreement was worked out and the antenna is now hanging out in our basement.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

like Telyco said, you should be able to get FOX on a digital/HD antenna. We got one when we had Direct TV too, because our dish would always go out.

FWIW- I hated Direct TV and am so glad we switched to TWC!

• Options
    Hmm.. we have directv and we get fox.. Is it just your area?
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

imageMelissaSue81:
    Hmm.. we have directv and we get fox.. Is it just your area?

Yep, our area and some random areas in Washington State I believe. 

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  We might be going to see our manager friend at Radio Shack sometime this week.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"