Breastfeeding
Options

for anyone on the fence...

Saturday was the last day I will likely ever bf a baby.  Due to a number of factors, my supply has slowly dwindled over the last 2 months.  Kate did not nurse yesterday and I did not need to pump...and it's unlikely we'll have more kids..  So, I think that was it.

I bfd my son for 11.5 months and Kate for 7.5 months.  I have loved my bfing relationship with both of them.  The bond, the closeness, the feeling of knowing that you are sustaining your baby, the snuggling, the milky breath, looking down and seeing a happy sleeping baby after nursing...I will miss it all.  Bf'ing isn't always easy, but it was always worth it, and I am lucky to have had all those months with both of my children. 

If you're wondering if bf'ing is right for you, my best advice is to give it a try.  Don't think of it as 12 months, but think of it as one day, then the next, then the next...Give yourself a chance to experience what just might be one of the most special relationships you will ever have. 

Re: for anyone on the fence...

• Options
    Well said!  This has been one of the hardest things I have done, physically and mentally but certainly one of the most rewarding!  I never knew it would be so difficult but also never knew it would be so rewarding.  I am going to miss it when the time comes and am just trying to soak it all up now.  Best wishes to you on theh next stage of your journey in motherhood, and hey, I bet you won't miss your relationship with your pump...although I was thinking this AM what 'purpose' it gives me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    agree, my LO is 6 weeks every day has been tough so far, but even when i think about someone else feeding her a bottle when im not there it makes me very emotional bc i love the bond we have!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"