Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

pediatric gastroenterologist recs?

My pedi gave me two names for a pediatric gastroenterologist, but I'm not finding much information on either of them.  Do any of you have experience with Dr. Eric Argao or Dr. John Anderson?

Thanks!

Re: pediatric gastroenterologist recs?

• Options

We see Dr. Argao.  While he is weird (very outgoing), we like him.  He's done a great job in caring for my 4yo and my 12 mo old.  My 12 mo old has been having GI issues since he was 3 months old.  Dr. Argao is very thorough, is mindful of how much tests and such are going to cost before he recommends them and if a test or medication is needed but no affordable for us, finds a way to help out.  (Z was pt on Neocate for a while, he helped us get free product for a little while.)  When we were trying to decide which medications to try for Z he told me of possible side effects, etc and we chose what we thought would be the best one. 

Overall I am happy with him, we've had better luck with him then our last GI Dr. I also like how easy it is to get an appointment with him.  He has an office in Plano and an office at Medical City.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We also saw Dr. Argao when DS was 6 weeks old. He was diagnosed with milk soy protein intolerance. I had 2 options at that point. Give special formula or completely eliminate dairy/soy from my diet. I was set on breastfeeding and he provided me with resources to eliminate these from my diet. It worked and DS was a different child after I eliminated dairy/soy. I was able to breastfeed for 20 months. Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies!!  Unfortunately, Dr. Argao doesn't take BC/BS any longer, so we are unable to afford a visit with him. I do so appreciate your feedback!
  • Options

Try Dr. Russo.  He's at Children's in Plano.  It does take some time to get in to see him, but if getting in isn't an emergency, then I'd give him a try.  He's who we saw in the very beginning when my middle son was a baby.  He's good and comes highly recommended by a lot of Drs.  The main reason we switched though is because of scheduling and when my then infant son was losing weight rapidly I couldn't wait to have him seen.

Good luck!

Dr. Michael A. Russo, MD 7800 Preston Road, Plano, TX 75024 (972) 730-5437 ?

He does take BCBS.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I second Dr. Russo. Andersen is good, but pretty old school. Both are at Children's.
  • Options
    My brother used to see Dr. Anderson.  He was diagnosed w/ Crohn's disease when he was about 11 and saw him for as long as he could.  He and my parents really liked him.  No experience with him personally or him dealing with younger children though. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"