Georgia Babies

college funds

I'm looking to start a college fund for both girls. Can anyone recommend a good place to start one? Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: college funds

• kegkeg member
    I'm sure clarkhoward.com has a ton of advice about them.  We went with the Georgia 529 plan I think because it gave us some type of tax benefit (not exactly sure--DH researched and set them up for us). 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I think we're going to set up the Georgia one too... Clark says that if your state has one to set up the state one because you don't pay any state taxes on the growth.  You already don't pay federal taxes on the growth so if you have a GA plan the money grows 100% tax free.
  • Loading the player...
  • my husband handles most of that, but I do know that we 529 plans started for both boys for college.
  • Ditto above!  Clark Howard has great info on it and based on that, we did Georgia's 529
  • imagekeg:
    I'm sure clarkhoward.com has a ton of advice about them.  We went with the Georgia 529 plan I think because it gave us some type of tax benefit (not exactly sure--DH researched and set them up for us). 
      Ditto! Clark rates states 529 plans and says if your state is not good or excellant to invest in another states 529.  GA is a good state so we went with them.  I like how they invest based on the age of the child. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have a 529 plan.  I also got a UPromise Credit Card so a percent of each purchase goes into the 529 account.  I think I had an additional $300 or so last year go into the account from using the card. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageJanimal:
    We have a 529 plan.  I also got a UPromise Credit Card so a percent of each purchase goes into the 529 account.  I think I had an additional $300 or so last year go into the account from using the card. 

nice! thanks for that extra info 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • we have an ohio 529 for finn because at the time that was the best option, since then georgia changed their program and so we have a georgia 529 for Riley and we're starting another Georgia 529 for "tripp" and we might even switch over the Ohio one to GA.  def check out clark howard.
  • 529 here as well.  We did C's in another state - can't remember which one rtight now.  And we set up Taylor's through Nevada bc it is doing really well right now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"