Success after IF

Do you buy LO "holiday" clothes?

There is No.Good.Reason for me to buy DS a Valentine's onesie.  None.  I don't even like Valentine's Day!  (DH and I have never "recognized it.")  But don't kids just make everything more fun??!!! 

I mean, sure, once he's in school and they have class "parties" or whatever, that might make sense.  But now (when he'll just be in daycare all day)?  It's just for my amusement Big Smile  (As were his Christmas outfits.  And as will be the birthday outfit I'm already searching for!)

Re: Do you buy LO "holiday" clothes?

• I bought a Halloween t-shirt and a couple of Christmas-y outfits, but I doubt I'll do anything for smaller holidays--V-Day, St Patrick's Day, etc. 
  • Yep. 

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. DS had a turkey bib for TG but that was a gift from my mom. I'll probably get him a 1st birthday bib or onesie but that's it. If it's not functional for every day, then I'm not likely to buy it:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, for every holiday.  I even have a NB sized Valentine's outfit for the new baby.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I do.  My husband totally doesn't get it (his parents never got him dress clothes for Christmas, Easter, etc.) but I always had a nice dress for holidays.  My family buys a lot of the special stuff (bibs, onsies, shirts) but I already have Easter clothes for them and stuff for them to wear at their birthday party (Tempe has two outfits already Wink ).
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I bought all the holiday "1sts" onsies, I even forgot I got a first thanksgiving one until I stumbled on it at Christmas. I am not to keen on what I have seen for V day shirts, but if I saw one I loved I would get it, but I doubt i will since u am not looking for it.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I have something for every holiday!  He now has two valentine's day shirts but I don't see any reason why he can't wear them all of the time-one says I love mommy and the other says Mommy's love bandit.  There is no actual mention of Valentine's day on them.  His St. Patty's day shirts say Kiss me, I'm Irish and Mom's Lucky Charm.

His Valentine's day bib along with the turkey bib will only be worn on the day since they are more specific. 

Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
  • I do but only because it is fun and I only have a couple of years to "dress him up" so to say. He will probably hate the pics when he is older. LOL!
  • imagemrsolsenk12:
    I do but only because it is fun and I only have a couple of years to "dress him up" so to say. He will probably hate the pics when he is older. LOL!

I know!  Especially with a boy, I feel like I'm on "borrowed time" when it comes to stuff like this  :) 

• Totally. I think they're cute. He had a valentine's day onesie last year, and has a shirt this year (was on clearance at Gymboree, says "eligible bachelor" haha.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • I am the queen of holiday shirts! People look at work/daycare look forward to seeing Jack's holiday shirts. They have already started to bust me about his valentine's shirts. I know it's crazy because he is only going to wear them once but it's his first year of holidays. I don't know if I will be this way next year.
    Forever in our hearts
    ~12/05 * 7/06 * 12/06 * 4/07 * 10/08~
    "When the world says, "Give up" hope whispers, "Try one more time"
    After 4yrs, 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 2 FET's, PGD, and 5 losses our little miracle is finally here!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Cricket's Cadence
  • I bought K some Halloween shirts that she wore to daycare the week leading up to Halloween. Same for Christmas. But the smaller holidays I probably won't.

I'm planning to dress her in red on V-day.

I'm still a little miffed that I could only get a few uses out of the birthday shirts I bought her. Ha!

• I bought a halloween onesie that said "Boo".  She still wears it.  lol.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Christmas and Halloween for sure, but just fun shirts from Carter's. But she wore them throughout Oct./Dec., not just on the holiday.

I just bought her an "I love my daddy" shirt, which was being sold for Valentine's Day, but she could wear it anytime really. I'm going to put it on her for DH's birthday next week.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If they sell it DS has it.  Three V-day shirts, t's to wear with long sleeves under, three St. P's shirts and more Halloween than I should mention.  We buy cheap seasonal at Old Navy or hit the clearance for the next year from other stores.  DS even has holiday underwear and bedding/ bath.  I like for him to be festive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"