Toddlers: 24 Months+

pneumonia

my 2 year old was just dx with this this morning. has anyone had experience with this? i am so worried about him. the dr. said it was not very bad and has put him on zithromax but he is miserable with fevers, cough, runny nose and generally crappiness!

Re: pneumonia

• I don't have any experience with my kids but my niece has had it a few times. Once she was on the antibiotic for a day or two she was much better. Her cough lingered for a while but she was in a much better mood and her fever came down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 3yo is just getting over bacterial pneumonia, and it sucked. She also had RSV and bronchiolitis, then an ear infection at the end so I'm not sure what was for the pneumonia and what was for the other. We did belladonna for fever during the day, motrin at night; antibiotics for 10 days; mucinex; and breathing treatments several times a day (this helped her a TON). She mostly slept and snuggled a lot, and all her symptoms are clear except for the cough now (three weeks after it started).

She has some weight issues that are minor but can become major when she gets really sick, so we did everything we could to keep her hydrated and eating as much as possible. Probugs kefir pouches, pureed fruit in the squeezy packs, and popsicles were pretty much all she ate but I would bribe her to high heaven to get her to eat them as much as possible. In the end she lost about 4% of her body weight, which wasn't too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"