Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

DS incessant night coughing....HELP

OK, I'm usually the one offering advice but I'm stumped.  He has sinus drip, we're seeing the doctor tomorrow.

He had a breathing treatment at 8:30pm.  Usually 30 min-1 hr after it his coughs subside.  It's 10:50 and he's still coughing.  I have him propped up on a pillow and a cool mist humidifier in his room.

it's a dry cough and just now he made that pre-hurl sound before he coughed.  IDK waht to do.  

Last night we gave him a breathing treatment at 12:15am and he didn't stop coughing until 1am. 

Re: DS incessant night coughing....HELP

• Options

i just posted this on the post below, but link about how honey is supposed to be even better than cough medicine for children (my med-student friend just told me about this)... do you have any in the house?  sounds like the darker, the better.

we used about a tsp and gave it to her whenever she got bad again. it worked much better by the second night... i'm SO sorry for your little guy, it sounds really bad.  maybe sitting in the bathroom with a warm shower running for the steam???

i hope he feels better soon!

• Options
    We just started doing a Vicks like rub on DD's chest and neck. We are also doing it on the bottom of her feet and then putting on socks. It seemed to help keep the coughs at bay until about 3am. We'll see how night 2 goes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks about the honey. I gave that to him today between breathing treatments but I should've given it to him before bed as well.  His coughing finally stopped.

I don't like the smell of vicks but thanks for the suggestion. 

• Options
    we get that a lot. when it's a dry cough, the ped okayed half a teaspoon of delsym. it works. (it's in the orange box/bottle)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"