Breastfeeding
Options

BFing and WW - slow loss?

so, I've been on WW for a month now and have only lost 6 pounds.  My DH and i did WW before we were married and I remember it being much harder but also a much faster weight loss.  I have the same amount to lose here as I did then.  

I checked my nursing vs. non-nursing points and there's a 7 point difference.  Is it because of that many points that I'm losing slower?   I'm exercising more this time around - didn't do anything last time and still lost...

So frustrating!!! 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: BFing and WW - slow loss?

• Options

I don't know anything about WW, but I know a 1-2 lb weight loss per week is considered a healthy weight loss! So 6 lb in a month is right on track!

How much do you have to lose? I know with my first son, I held onto 10 lb until I weaned- then it fell right off!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    7 pounds will get me to my pre-preg weight and 10 will get me to my wedding weight from 7 years ago.  I figure I'm one of those "lucky" ones who will hold on to nursing weight forever.  
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think that you want to have a slower loss while breastfeeding.  My LC (and a lot of resources I have read) suggest that losing too fast can affect your supply. 
  • Options
    I've lost 5lb in 3 weeks, also very slow weight loss. I'm just happy to be losing haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When I started WW after DS ws born, I lost a lot faster than i did this past time, when i wasn't BFing.  After this pregnancy, I plan on starting WW 4 weeks after delivery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"