Georgia Babies
Options

My feet need some love

My feet are in terrible shape!  I've always had pretty feet but lately they are dry and cracking and calloused :-(  I've been using a pumice stone for a while but it's not helping.  Any tips to heal them up and get them nice and smooth again?

Re: My feet need some love

• Options

I have terrible callous issues with my feet, too.

I use a metal foot file in the shower, then before bed I slather them with something really greasy (vaseline, aquaphor, etc.) and wear socks to keep them moisturized overnight. 

I also get a liquid callous remover done at my mani/pedi - it's like a chemical peel for your feet. (but don't do it if your skin is cracked!)

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I've always had good luck with a fine-grit sanding block. That will do great to knock some of the roughness off. You can go a little rougher on the grit if you think you need it.

After that, I've used Burt's Bees balms and other thick gardening balms for cracked hands. Then put a pair of socks on before you go to bed.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemyrall:

I've always had good luck with a fine-grit sanding block. That will do great to knock some of the roughness off. You can go a little rougher on the grit if you think you need it.

After that, I've used Burt's Bees balms and other thick gardening balms for cracked hands. Then put a pair of socks on before you go to bed.

I thought I was the only one that did this!  And ditto w/ the aquaphor and socks at bedtime or even just around the house.

• Options

The Pedi Egg is wonderful. Then after bath...no longer then 3 minutes... wipe a Stridex Cleaning pad on your feet then slather with Vaseline/aguaphor.. etc... and put on a pair of socks. In a week your feet will be as good as new.

Pregnancy horomones can cause drying of the skin I have found out. And very hard for them to bounce back. 

Oh.. if you want an extra umph... after you apply the stridex/ vaseline wrap feet in saran wrap then put on socks.. the next morning you wont be able to keep your hands of your feet! Oh la la! lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Options
    imagePecswife:

The Pedi Egg is wonderful. Then after bath...no longer then 3 minutes... wipe a Stridex Cleaning pad on your feet then slather with Vaseline/aguaphor.. etc... and put on a pair of socks. In a week your feet will be as good as new.

This minus the Stridex Cleaning pad, but good idea.  Definitely put the aquaphor on while feet are still moist or it won't be as effective.  After my pregnancy, I used the pedi egg once a week and the aquaphor/socks 2x a week.  I was great in less than a month.

• Options
    imagePecswife:

This minus the Stridex Cleaning pad, but good idea.  Definitely put the aquaphor on while feet are still moist or it won't be as effective.  After my pregnancy, I used the pedi egg once a week and the aquaphor/socks 2x a week.  I was great in less than a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"