Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Clicky: How long were you and DH/SO together before having 1st child?

My husband and I were together for 8 years before I got pregant, we had tried for 5 years though. Most people are amazed that we waited so long (they assume it was planned that way)....so I'm just curious for the heck of it - How long were you and baby's daddy together before having your 1st child? [Poll]

Re: Clicky: How long were you and DH/SO together before having 1st child?

• We had been married for two years, but we dated for five years before that
  • Together 5 years, married for 2 before DD came along.  You may want to rewrite your poll because I wasn't sure if I should click on the "3-5" or "5-7."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • together a total of 10 years when we found out. we started dating at 17, married at 25, preg at 27
    My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
  • You didn't specify married so I chose 10+. We were together  for 13 years; married for 5.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dated for 4 and had her just before we had been together 5 years
  • Married for 2 years, dated for 5 before that though.
    imageimage
  • Got pregnant the 1st month we were married but together 6 years before that.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We have been together for 6 married for 3yrs come next month. We actually had ds1 right be4 our first Ann.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers 7/11-7-12 year of defeat and over coming obstacles 8/12-HSG 9/24/12- long awaited +hpt Staying a mystery until D day!!
  • Married for 2 years, Been together for 4.
  • Together for 7, married for 3 years before DD came along.  We had not been trying the whole time because I was in school and so was DH.  Then, I was working but DH was in residency and then fellowship.  We started trying when he had 2 years to go in his training.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked 1-3 years.  We were together for 1 year and 1 month.  Married for 1 month when we got pregnant.
  • Together 8.5 years, married close to 7 years when baby was born.  We weren't sure we wanted kids, but we had a change of heart and got pregnant within 3 months of stopping birth control.
  • We first hooked up in september 2001 but didn't really "date" untill the next year (we would go out but not exclusive)  We found out in december 2008 for just over 7 years but we had tried hard for years to get pregnant DH want a honeymoon baby in 2004
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• 3 months. Needless to say, Evie was not planned.
  • We had been together for 3.5 years. 

The ink wasn't dry on our marriage certificate when we got pregnant. We had a really fun reception. Wink

• DH and I were together for 8 years before having LO.  I'm in the same boat with you -- tried for a long time before getting pregnant so it's not like I wanted to wait that long... LOL

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • married 1 month

dating- 9 years! 

didn't wait until marriage just went off BC and thought it would take longer    

• Began dating 5/03.....married 8/04.....got pregnant 9/08 with DS born 5/09. We tried for 4 1/2 years and did 2 IVF's to get pregnant. (I had severe infertility issues)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We conceived DD a few days before getting married. We were together for 3 years.
  • DH and I started dating in Dec. 2004 and got married in May 2007 then had DD in Jan of 2010.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were Fvck buddies.
  • We were together almost 7 years and married 1 year when I got my BFP.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• We knew each other for 10 years and were together for 9 years when I got pregnant.
  • we had been together for almost 8 years when dd came but married for 2 of them.

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"