Maryland Babies

Recs for umbrella/travel strollers and convertible car seats

Hi,

DS will soon be outgrowing his infant car seat, and we are looking to buy a new convertible car seat.  DS is our little chunky monkey :) He's about about 21 lbs and 6 months.  Any recs?  A lot of friends have recommended the Britax series.  Thoughts?

Previously for his stroller we were just using his Chicco KeyFit and the Snap n go.  Now we need an upright stroller for him- mainly to use when we travel and for walks around the neighborhood.  My brother has a MacLaren and is happy.  When looking at the national boards, a lot of people have recommended the Uppa Baby Vista or the Baby Jogger City Mini.  Anyone have experience with these strollers?

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Recs for umbrella/travel strollers and convertible car seats

• I haven't owned either a Vista or City Mini myself, but I know many people who have and love the CIty Mini.  I've always been happy with Maclaren strollers.  I have the Triumph and love it.
  • We have a Graco MyRide 65 and a Britax Roundabout, each one fits and works with our different cars.  It is more important to match your car and car seat than it is for the specific seat.  I found out about "The Car Seat Lady" (located in Baltimore) https://www.thecarseatlady.com/ and she is a GREAT resource when looking into car seats and just general car seat safety.

For our "on the go" stroller we have the Maxi Cosi Perle stroler, which we keep in the car for trips to crowded places we need something light and compact, with good storage.  We really like it, it's not a cheap dinky stroller, but compact enough to get around the mall.  We also have the Bumbleride Indie for walks outside, and when we go places we need something tougher and there is more space.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was looking at the City Mini jogger - my sister in law has it and they like it, but she said that she thinks she may ditch it and get something else. She had referred me to the Maclaren strollers. My good friend has the Maclaren Truimph and she says she loves it. We actually just got the Maclaren Quest Sport as a baby gift! We took it out of the box to make sure that everything is working and it looks great and moves super easy!! The fold out/in is easy and you can get a travel bag if you want (we registered for it since we travel via plane to visit my family). Good luck! Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesalc21:
    I was looking at the City Mini jogger - my sister in law has it and they like it, but she said that she thinks she may ditch it and get something else. She had referred me to the Maclaren strollers. My good friend has the Maclaren Truimph and she says she loves it. We actually just got the Maclaren Quest Sport as a baby gift! We took it out of the box to make sure that everything is working and it looks great and moves super easy!! The fold out/in is easy and you can get a travel bag if you want (we registered for it since we travel via plane to visit my family). Good luck! Big Smile

By the way... we got ours from CSN Stores (online)... it was anywhere from $50-$80 cheaper than other baby stores!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our daughter is outgrowing things at warp speed.  At 10 months old she weights 25 pounds, is 32 inches tall and wearing 24 month clothing!  We didn't want to spend a huge amount of money, because she has been outgrowing things so quickly.  So we ended up getting one of the cheapie stollers from Walmart.  It was $20. 

My normally VERY picky husband actually prefers the cheap stroller to the "nice" one we got as part of our travel system.  It faired surprisingly well on the cobblestones in Williamsburg and we could actually take it into the teeny-tiny shops and not have a problem manuvering it around.

We have and would recommend:

Carserats:

primary cars (Mommy & Daddy)- Graco My Ride 65

Grandma's Car- Costco Scenera

Strollers:

Graco Metrolite (Part of the infant carrier travel system)

Cheapie Umbrella stroller (from Walmart)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have the Baby Jogger City Mini and really like it. We are still using with our infnat seat, but will be transitioning him soon to sitting up in it. I like that the City Mini is so easy to fold. I can do it with one hand. It also feels/seems fairly sturdy for a stroller of that weight. We have been very satisfied so far. I bought mine on diapers.com. Try using the coupon code BCHEAP and see if it still works. It is for new customers. Generally coupon codes do not work on the Baby Jogger items, but I used this code and it worked for me when I bought mine. Plus, the site offers free shipping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I forgot to add albeebaby.com has a great selection, good prices, and ususally has some kind of sale.  We got our Britax for about $130, and we only got the Britax because that was pretty much the only one that would work in the middle of car (the LATCH is allowed to be spaced further apart and the middle is the safest spot) and actually fit.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have the City Mini and love it. Right now I am still using it with the car seat but have taken the stroller out many times and the fold-in mechanism is fantastic. I did a lot of research and tried different models, but they were all so complicated and heavy. The Baby Jogger is def a winner!
    image image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks ladies!  I will definitely touch base with the Car Seat Lady, too.  We went to her when we installed our infant car seat.  I will also check out the other car seat suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"