Washington Babies
Options

When did your DC drop his/her last night feeding?

It looks like B has finally dropped his first night feeding (fingers crossed!), so now he is just waking up once a night between 2-3 am to eat.  One night feeding is no big deal in my mind, but I'm curious if your child kept that feeding when he/she dropped it?  TIA!

Re: When did your DC drop his/her last night feeding?

• Options

That is great!  W still gets up around 1 to eat (goes down by 7:30), I could probably see if he would self sooth and go back to sleep, but I love our cozy time when the house is quiet.  He just is back on his old schedule from being sick (had picked up his earlier night feeding again) so I dont want to push it. lol

M didnt drop it until closer to a year when he was eating primarily real food and just nursing at bedtime.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cooper still wakes up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't remember exactly when he dropped it, but I know by 6 months he was doing 12 hours.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    Ella was still waking every 2-3 hours at 8 months so I did CIO and she went to sleeping 13 hours straight! 
  • Options
    We dropped Jackson's 4-5am feeding on his first birthday. That last feeding was purely out of habit though - we probably could have dropped it at about 9-10 months.
  • Options
    Don't hate me but DD dropped her night feedings by 7 weeks.  Stick out tongue  She is an AWESOME sleeper always has been.  The trade off is that she is not a totally great napper (so much sleep at night) and colic/acid reflux makes it tough for her to go down at night.  BUT DS still wakes around 2 or 3 for a feeding and I really do not think that he is going to drop that one for awhile.  And some nights he wakes after that feeding around 4:30. 
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options
    That's so great! So both of my kids were the best sleepers around 4/5 months and would wake once. THEN it all turned to crap around 6 months they got teeth and started having developmental milestones and wakings would be more frequent and my mistake (although not sure I would have done it differently anyway) was holding firm on the one feeding. I took the path of least resistance at the time. So, hopefully it's a new good trend but just keep in mind what things may cause wakings in the future and what you can live with when the going gets tough. :) I hope you're one of the lucky one's who just has an awesome sleeper and more will power than me. :)
  • Options

We lucked out, K dropped that night feeding around 6 weeks or so.  She will do a middle of the night wakeup when a new tooth shows up or she's sick, but reverts back to normal quickly. 

She was eating every two hours up until a short bit ago I think to make up for it, but I was all for eating a ton all day if it resulted in me sleeping!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Carter still wakes up. You are lucky. I think it is just habit but we are working on that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, fair warning, Isaac was down to one a night up until a few weeks ago, and then, BOOM!  Total sleep regression.  He started waking almost every hour.  Going from great sleep to waking every hour was hell.

He's starting to regulate now and we are now back to 3 feeds a night.  Given the 6 month growth spurt plus all the developmental stuff going on right now, I really don't mind... I just keep chanting "regression in the face of progression."  :)  I'm sure he will continue to self-regulate back to fewer feedings.

As the replies to this post show, every baby is definitely different!  Just remember a linear progression is rare.  :)

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imagesunmountain:
    That's so great! So both of my kids were the best sleepers around 4/5 months and would wake once. THEN it all turned to crap around 6 months they got teeth and started having developmental milestones and wakings would be more frequent and my mistake (although not sure I would have done it differently anyway) was holding firm on the one feeding. I took the path of least resistance at the time. So, hopefully it's a new good trend but just keep in mind what things may cause wakings in the future and what you can live with when the going gets tough. :) I hope you're one of the lucky one's who just has an awesome sleeper and more will power than me. :)

Oh yes, I fully expect to see the regression from 6-9 months, but I will enjoy it while I can! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"