Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Sunday Steps

Hi ladies, it's time for Sunday steps again. For those of you who are new, I'm very sorry for your loss. Every Sunday we post the steps we've taken during the week towards healing.

My step: yesterday I took out my "What to Expect" book out of hiding and read the chapter on MC's. Before that, I hadn't been able to look at any of the baby related items I had bought before we found out. I cried my way though it, but just the fact that I could pick it up and look at it was a big step for me.

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This time I'm not leaving without you.

Re: Sunday Steps

• GOOD STEP KJsbabe!!

Mine would be ... Joining TTCAL and considering charting.  It scares the crap out of me and kinda grosses me out.  So, since we are still TTA I am in the "research phase". (thank goodness)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good step! I did not realized that they had a miscarriage section because sadly I never got to finish the book. But my step would also be joinig TTCAL (even though I am TTA). This week I took another HUGE step. I emailed two of my friends that I have been avoiding. I have been hanging out with everyone but them. One of them is due a few weeks before I was due, and the other one just had a baby girl in November. Since I had a baby girl I have been having a hard time talking to her. 

So I emailed them apologizing for avoiding them. And I let them know that I still loved them but needed time to deal with my loss. And told my friend who is pregnant that I cant promise that I will be at her baby shower or be there when she deliver, but it is not because I don't love her but just being around her brings of memories of my loss.

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats Ladies on those steps!  Reading other people's steps helps me feel inspired to do the same!

However, I feel like this week was a little set back for me.  I am still better than the first week, but I just feel a little off this week.  I think finding out that my best friend is TTC stung a little bit.  I should be excited for her, right?  And for some reason, feeling jealous is making me feel guilty and horrible.

Anyway, on to my steps.  I had to attend a training for my work on Saturday and the topic was Emotional Development for babies and toddlers.  My role was to be there as an administrator to make sure that the person running the workshop was doing everything that she was supposed to do.  I only got "teary eyed" in a few of the segments and made it through the whole training!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • spent all day yesterday with DH awesome brother and his wife. so nice to not be home and have my mind off everything. it was also to have someone IRL that has gone through the same process to be able to talk to

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • I have been doing much better this week.  On Friday, I held it together really well when I was out with a group and a girl announced her pregnancy.  Today, I called my old roommate (one of my best friends) and told her I had been pg and had a m/c.  It felt so good to talk to her about it.

I also started charting again last week, I O'd a few days ago, and I'm really starting to look forward to TTC again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last week was a bad week for me. The best thing I can come up with is that I left the house two days in a row on Saturday and Sunday. Prior to that I had not left the house since Tuesday.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Wow, so many have been  taking such great steps!  I am proud of everyone on here, even if you don't feel like you took a step this week; You are getting through little by little, day-by-day and for that I am proud of everyone on here!

Finally after weeks of waiting it out, my OB cleared me for taking the next steps... so I started on Cytotec last night.  Kinda pushed everything into reality.  I have known for weeks that I miscarried, but I think I have kind of been in denial... that at some point the u/s would magically  show a baby, that this had all been a terrible mistake.  So I guess my step this week has been taking the Cytotec and getting this m/c started and facing my reality...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • sounds silly but I got up and put earrings in....a small step but thats all i can muster up.

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • Those are really wonderful steps, ladies! Even if your step was "small" or if you didn't feel like you took one at all, just the fact that we made it through one more day or one more week is a step we can all celebrate. I love you ladies!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"