Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

vent

My doctor me that my miscarriage was most likely (85%) due to a partial molar pregnancy. That would mean I have to get blood tests once a week for 6 months and can't TTC for at least 6months. That was really hard for me to deal with. However after a lot of research and after calling the doctors back they said that they think it was most likely not a partial molar but just m/c due to irregular chromosones. I am still waiting for the results. It is so frustrating!

I am definitely finding new doctors after this. My doctor told me it was 85% a partial molar pregnancy just based on the fact that the lab results came back with 69 chromosones. I don't thihnk she even looked at my chart and saw that I had 3 level 2 u/s and there was a hb until at least 12wks or that the placenta was healthy. All those things strongly suggest that it was not a partial molar and I had to find all that out on my own. I also don't like her bedside manner. She told me everything in like 3 sentences and her first line was "the fetus had 69 chromosones which is not compatible with life". It was so insensitive I even teared up writing it!

Re: vent

• I am convinced some people in healthcare should not be allowed to work with women who are/have suffered a loss. You doctor sounds very insensitive.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • So sorry you are in limbo.  As if the m/c wasn't enough the possibility of a partial molar pregnancy is just crushing and very difficult to process.  I am in the health care field.  I read and read and read until it made sense to me.

My story was very similar to yours.  We saw/heard and hb twice, growth was right on, placenta looked great.  But, then at 12 weeks there was no longer a heart beat.  Even my pathology report was questionable.  My OB wasn't convinced it was a pmp until it took so long for my beat's to return to 0.  I was one of the pokey one's.  It took about 11 weeks.

With that being said, I have seen numerous posts on this board with suspected pmp's that the pathology comes back no.

Hugs to you 

• Loading the player...
  • imagetonesq:
    I am convinced some people in healthcare should not be allowed to work with women who are/have suffered a loss. You doctor sounds very insensitive.

I agree. I know it is their job and they see it everyday but it is personal to me and they need to understand that!

• qos410 yours did end up being a partial molar? I am so sorry you are going through this. It is hard enought losing a baby :( How long ago did you find out? I hope your levels stay at zero.

Ladies, thank you for all the support. It is so comforting that I have people who understand to turn to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"