Northern California Babies

Updated: Freaking out - someone talk me down

I know I'm being ridiculous and will laugh about this soon, but my son's 4th birthday party is in 2 hours and I just got a call from Lu Lu the clown.  My dad ordered him as a surprise for my son, and he'll be at our party.  Totally not what I pictured for our party, and doesn't fit into the plan at all.  Was ready to decline, but I know how hurt my dad will be for trying to do something nice for us.  Still kind of shock - I just hate surprises and I'm already stressing about the party anyway.  Ack!

Update: Just a quick follow up.  Lu Lu came and the kids LOVED it.  It was a huge hit, and my 4 year old especially enjoyed it.  So yay!  It worked out.  :-)

Re: Updated: Freaking out - someone talk me down

• Ok, ok.  Deep breath. Is there any booze in the house?!?!

(Just kidding.  Kind of.)

The kids will LOVE it and what a good memory to be made.  Your dad is sweet to do it even if it's not what you wanted.  Make sure you and Lulu get a really good picture together, I'll expect a post with a PIP tonight.  

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There will definitely be booze at the party and I'll be sure to have a drink or two before he is scheduled to show up!
  • Loading the player...
  • It'll be fun! And ditto, we want a pip later!

Enjoy the party!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh dear, that's rough.  I guess this is one of those, "it's the thought that counts" situations, huh?  Just keep saying that to yourself as your mantra while you're sipping on whatever boozy drink is handy!  I'm sure the kids will love it and it will make your dad pretty happy so you'll just grin and bear it like the tolerant, patient person you are.  Good luck! 
  • Such a sweet thought from your dad, but that would freak me out too. Hope you had a drink and that the kids loved LuLu - we definitely need a follow-up post with pictures!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, that's quite a surprise!  I'm sure it will work out and the kids will have a blast.
  • Wow this was a story line on sec in the city. You are Miranda today! She did not like it either. Hang in there.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm totally late but glad it worked out!
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"