Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How long after a D&C?

I know that alot of ladies on here have had D&C's and I know it is different for everyone, but how long after your D&C did it take you to stop bleeding/spotting?  I had mine on Thursday and it seemed like it was going to stop, but then it is still there. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 11/18/10 EDD 7/25/11 MMC 1/7/11 D&C 1/27/11 BFP #2 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12 DD#1 4/19/12

Re: How long after a D&C?

• I had mine Weds afternoon. By Fri morning, I thought that I was done bleeding.  Then, Sat night, I began bleeding (more than just spotting) and while it has gotten lighter today, it's  still there...  Also, I had hideous cramps today (which others on this board had warned me about).  I hadn't had much more than minor cramping since the procedure.  GL!
    DD2- May 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1/26/11- missed m/c @ 12 weeks
  • I am going on day 34 of spotting since my d&c but everyone is different.  Hopefully you won't spot/bleed that long.  Mine comes and goes (spot for 3 days, nothing for 2, spot for 1 day, nothing for 1, etc.......very frustrating).
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had two D&Cs.  The first time it took a few days to start bleeding and then it continued for about three weeks.  The second time I started bleeding immediately and it lasted about three days.  Hopefully you're nearing the end...
  • It was a week for me.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • I do remember thinking that same thing with mine. I actually spotted for like 2 and a half weeks. I would think it was gone then I'd start spotting again. Good Luck, I know the whole thing sucks. Just always carry something with you in case. I wore liners most of the time and was okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a D&E on Wednesday and was about to ask the same thing. I'm still bleeding/spotting but it's really random - heavy for an hour and nothing for the rest of the day, etc. It makes me feel better to read that some people spotted for weeks - not that I want it to take that long, but at least I'm fairly normal. : P

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"