Attachment Parenting

Holy crap - DS put himself to sleep tonight for the first time ever!

He has never, in his entire life, fallen asleep for the night anywhere except my arms, my boob, or my bed (or a combination of those). 

I've been experimenting with different sleeping arrangements and tonight I tried the pack 'n play in my room. I rocked him to sleep in his nursery as usual, then put him down in the pnp. He woke up after about a minute and stood up and cried out. I went in and knelt down and hugged and kissed him, but didn't pick him up.

He sat down, laid down, stood back up, laid back down, rolled around, etc. etc. Every time he stood up I hugged and kissed him and sat him back down and every time he laid down, I rubbed his back. He wasn't crying at all. After 15 minutes, he laid down and stayed down and went to sleep!

I can't freakin' believe it! Of course, he's only been asleep for a half hour, but that's longer than he normally lasts in the crib.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." - Jack Layton

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 12/26/11 ~ EDD 9/6/12 ~ MMC discovered on 1/27/12 @ 8w1d (measured 6w2d)

BFP #3 8/10/12 ~ EDD 4/23/13 ~ MMC discovered on 9/13/12 @ 8w2d (measured 6w6d)

Re: Holy crap - DS put himself to sleep tonight for the first time ever!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"