High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Update: Baby Samuel is here

In a strange turn of events, I delivered my son Samuel at 26w3d after nearly 8 weeks on bedrest. After his twin passed and was delivered on December 7, we didn't expect to make it that long. My cervix was at .6mm since January 11 and I was dilated 3-4cms. I went into labor on Thursday, 1/27/11 because I was bleeding quite heavily with close contractions. Labor was long and uncomfortable, but progressed quite quickly. On Friday, 1/28/11 at 6:30AM Sam made his arrival and is doing quite well. He was 2 pounds 4 ounces and 13.5 inches long. They said he is a big boy for his gestational age.

Today, during rounds, the said Sam is doing well. He lost the typical amount of birth weight that they anticipate and will be starting his BM feeds tomorrow. He was under the lights for a touch of jaundice but his levels came down. He went up to the NICU intubated but by his 15th hour of birth was on a CPAP. He's doing well on the CPAP, with just one Brady all day. I was discharged today and my husband and I are with him.

Bed rest and pregnancy complications are very stressful and hard to deal with. Once the baby got to the NICU, my husband and I put our trust into his physicians. Our positivity and optimism/realism will get us through this and at the end of the road, we'll have a child to teach and love.  Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update: Baby Samuel is here

• Options
    Congrats!  Sorry to hear he was early but I'm glad he is doing so well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! What a beautiful name (one that's on our list too)! I'll be keeping you, baby and family in my thoughts that all goes well.
    Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  I will send a big one up for him, in hopes he will be home soon.
  • Options
    Congrats!  I hope baby Samuel continues to do well and that your NICU stay is relatively uneventful.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on your son's arrival! My DD was born at 27 wks weighing a few oz less than your baby, and it was a long stay but she is thriving and healthy today. I wish your son the same success; it's wonderful that you are trying to stay upbeat. These next few months will seem like forever but then all of a sudden you'll have a baby home with you and life will be "normal" again : )
  • Options
    oh wow!  i'm sooo glad to hear he's doing well.  please keep us posted!  it's so crazy to think your EDD was just a day before mine.
  • Options

Glad to hear that baby Samuel is doing well.  Your perspective is wonderful and will be helpful throughout your NICU stay.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Options
    Congratulations. They do amazing things in the NICU. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"