Parenting after 35

Lurker introducing myself

It seems like I have kids way older then you guys, 22, 18 and 15 and pregnant.  But it's interesting to see what parents are going through this time around.

Re: Lurker introducing myself

• Hi Pearly! Welcome!

There ARE a few moms on this board who have older children (teens and early twenties) but there are a lot of us who were "first-timers" after 35. (I had my one and done son at 39.) It's a nice mix of experiences and we all support each other.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Welcome! My oldest is 13, a lot has changed since he was a baby, so I can imagine all the new stuff that's out there since your youngest was a baby. But I'm guessing it will be fun for you, like being in a candy store.

I'm sure you'll be able to provide some insight into our teens in angst!!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome!
    Robby's Blog

Momma Bear
    Big - 1 year old
    Bigger - 6 years old
    Biggest - 13 years old

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah mine is my first and probably my only... I have nieces and nephews (and a great-niece and great-nephew) that I practiced on though.  ; )  I'm loving being a mom- regardless that both my mom, sister, and grandmother were all grandmothers by the age that I had my first child. : )
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome. This is a great board with wonderful and supportive ladies!
  • welcome and congrats!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hiya, and welcome over!  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagegimmietimmies:

Welcome! My oldest is 13, a lot has changed since he was a baby, so I can imagine all the new stuff that's out there since your youngest was a baby. But I'm guessing it will be fun for you, like being in a candy store.

I'm sure you'll be able to provide some insight into our teens in angst!!

Definitely, I would love to share experiencing as I've gone through so many.  Having one son finish college another about to go in and my daughter dealing with high school girl drama.  I've learned so much from them and look forward to learning from this little guy who I am so in love with already.

Thank you for welcoming me.

• Hi there! Welcome!
  • imagerobynlesley:

Hi Pearly! Welcome!

There ARE a few moms on this board who have older children (teens and early twenties) but there are a lot of us who were "first-timers" after 35. (I had my one and done son at 39.) It's a nice mix of experiences and we all support each other.

Everything Robyn said. :)
  • Welcome and Congrats!  I have a house full of girls. (20,14,12 and 1)  One thing I love this time around is: Online shopping!  Amazon Mom is the best.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerobynlesley:

Hi Pearly! Welcome!

And a few of us who are first-timers after 40! Surprise

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats & welcome!
  • Welcome and congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"