Parenting after 35

So, diaper bags...

We've got this minimal skip hop dash bag for Margaux, but something tells me I'm going to want more room if we'll have two in dipes.  Does anyone have a big bag they especially like? 
You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: So, diaper bags...

• mwdmwd member
    I have the same diaper bag, and use it for the two kids. DS just has one diaper and a few books and a bib in there.  Everything else is DD.  Anything larger would get too heavy, and you don't need anything extra to carry around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a JuJuBe messenger-type bag, and it's pretty roomy (but not annoyingly huge). I can fit a TON of crap in it and still carry it easily (or sling it across my back messenger-style). This is the one I have, and I really love it:

https://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00010003000000000000&p=JJB01231

I used some BBB coupons so I could justify the price to myself. ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you like your Skip Hop bag, they make the "Duo Double" that's for twins/two children. Something to consider.

I WAS using a JuJuBe BeSpicy bag (haven't in ages) but I got a Skip Hop backpack on Gilt Groupe's site (if you want an invite, let me know) with a $25 credit I got for referring someone. It's pretty roomy but no insulated bottle pockets (if you'd even want that since I presume you'll breastfeed).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • imagelivvielo:

I got a JuJuBe messenger-type bag, and it's pretty roomy (but not annoyingly huge). I can fit a TON of crap in it and still carry it easily (or sling it across my back messenger-style). This is the one I have, and I really love it:

https://www.shopjujube.com/Product.aspx?l=00010003000000000000&p=JJB01231

I used some BBB coupons so I could justify the price to myself. ;) 

I've had an eye of those JuJuBe bags for a long time and I didn't know they had some at BBB     :::run to the trash to recover a coupon I just threw away!::: 

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I just got THIS to use in lieu of a purse and the diaper bag - for shorter outings, we still use the diaper bag if we're out for more than an hour or so.

It's huge and vegan :)

• I am using the bag we got for free in the hospital (Kaiser) when Sarah was born. It's pretty big so I am sure I'll use it for this baby too. Plus, I am hoping Sarah will be potty trained once this baby is here, she'll be 2 by then.
  • imagestever:

I just got THIS to use in lieu of a purse and the diaper bag - for shorter outings, we still use the diaper bag if we're out for more than an hour or so.

Oh, I <3 Matt & Nat! but I've never paid full price for a bag. Head's up to anyone who considers this as a DB or purse...TJ Maxx frequently carries overstock! They're one of my favorite brands. HEART! Geeked

• imageurbanflowerpot:
    imagestever:

I just got THIS to use in lieu of a purse and the diaper bag - for shorter outings, we still use the diaper bag if we're out for more than an hour or so.

Oh, I <3 Matt & Nat! but I've never paid full price for a bag. Head's up to anyone who considers this as a DB or purse...TJ Maxx frequently carries overstock! They're one of my favorite brands. HEART! Geeked

That's really good to know. I have always paid full price, but this was the first bag I paid full price for in the US. All the other bags I have I got in Canada and they were much cheaper there. Not cheap, but cheaper.

• Hmmmm, good advice!

I like the look of the jujube bags.  I think I'd like a huge one just because the little dash is barely adequate for the plane even with just one baby.

Hmmmmm 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I adore my vera bradley diaper bag. It has plenty of room & storage areas. I can easily fit a change of clothes for 3 kids + diapers & snacks.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I have to admit, I would probably look for a nice, big bag, not necessarily a diaper bag.  We have an old hobo style duffle and it is what Ed loves best, plus it holds a TON.  
  • imagersd12:
    I adore my vera bradley diaper bag. It has plenty of room & storage areas. I can easily fit a change of clothes for 3 kids + diapers & snacks.

If I could ever find a Vera Bradley bag without a busy pattern (on of the solids) I'd consider getting yet ANOTHER bag. (I have 3, the JuJuBe, the Skip Hop and a Liz Lange "dressy" diaper bag.) But DH would flip out if I got another. lol

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • I have the OiOi messenger bag in giraffe print and it is very roomy. I have to have a big bag for cloth diapers. 

I have the Timmie and Leslie CJ bag and it is beautiful but really not big enough. 

I have been drooling over a Go Gaga bag at the local Cotton Babies but I have 3 bags and think my husband would kill me if I bought another. I have yet to find the perfect bag and doubt that I will.   

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"