Pregnant after a Loss
Options

I love my angelcare monitor! (a rec from a new mommy)

I loooooove my angelcare monitor!! I think it's the only reason I sleep at night and don't feel compelled ronstand over my lol mans crib making sure he's breathing!! It is the neatest thing ever!! We've had a few false alarms but I don't freak because by the time I get to the bedroom door or out of bed the alarm has stopped and the lil pendulum is back to swinging. It's so nice to have silence in the motor and look over to see that lil thing moving knowing he's still moving. When I do get in to check on Jim he's either wiggled to his side or off the pad and just needs an adjustment but when I make sure he's in the right spot it's the bestest thing ever!! I know we're all paranoid because of what we've been through and I really feel like it's the only thing that keeps me sane at night. I just wanted to share my excitemt of this monitor for anyone who may be on the fence about it. It's wonderful.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I love my angelcare monitor! (a rec from a new mommy)

• Options
    I really want to get (two) of these.   Silly question bec the website didn't really answer it for me...the sensor pad, you put it under the mattress and it can detect if they are breathing by the movement???  Seems like it'd have to be reeeaaalllly sensitive to do that.
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My friend has it and she loves it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAGFaso:
    I really want to get (two) of these.   Silly question bec the website didn't really answer it for me...the sensor pad, you put it under the mattress and it can detect if they are breathing by the movement???  Seems like it'd have to be reeeaaalllly sensitive to do that.
    Yeah it goes under the mattress and just has to sit on a solid surface we used a piece of acrylic that we had used for something else previously the company tells you to use masionate but we found any hard board works and as ling as the blanket isn't balled up thick under him or he wiggles off it works fabulously. Those few false alarms are nothing compared to the comfort I feel in knowing it's working the first time it was panic but when I learned the quirks after the first night its so great having it. We have the deluxe that has the temp in the room which is nice too. There's nothing about it I do t love!!
  • Options

My 4 month old has been on it since we got it when he was about 2 weeks old and both of us have slept soundly ever since! I actually got a 2nd one for my parents house from a woman on craigslist!

As far as the sensitivity....test it every night before putting baby down in whatever state you're leaving the room in and make any adjustments as needed. It will pick up ceiling fan movements and you don't want that for accuracy!

And as far as the set up, it does need to be on a hard surface. I have a piece of plywood for when I finally put him in the crib but I've used it in his bassinet and portacrib that already have a hard bottom for it to rest on.

We used a cheap bassinet from Walmart at first similar to this one...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Delta-Travel-Bassinet-with-Storage/13331146

When he out grew that I still wasn't ready for him to go in the BIG crib (which is in our room also)...I liked him being right next to me also. So I got a wooden portable crib with a hard bottom, bigger than a bassinet but smaller than the crib. More the size of a mini crib, but not as bulky and it can be folded flat easily if for some reason you wanted to stash it during the day. It comes with a thin pad like a bassinet, but you can buy a 3" mattress for it for like 20 bucks. But I think you can also use a minicrib mattress if you wanted to. This is the one we got and I loves! I think with the next baby I won't even use the bassinet, I'll just put the baby in this and have Jax in his crib. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Me-Lightweight-Portable-Stationary/dp/accessories/B0035ER8J4

P.S. In case you were wondering, for the one at my parents house, they have an old wooden portacrib that he sleeps in, that's what gave me the idea to look for one for my house. Couldn't find an old one like theirs but I did find the cool newer one that can fold up. Best money I ever spent!

• Options
    I love the angelcare. When Keira started sleeping in her crib it put my mind at ease. Now that she can wiggle around we had one false alarm (it was at 3 in the morning and scared the crap out of us). She moved to far up in the bed and it couldn't detect her anymore. You can adjust the sensitivity so that it can detect the entire mattress and help prevent false alarms.
  • Options

Excuse me, I was coming here to page you WHEN DID YOU HAVE LITTLE HUGGIN?!

I am so happy for you, sweetheart!

(And thank you for the rec., I just bought ours and I'm happy we did.)

• Options
    I love this monitor. I cannot imagine having any other one. I would never NOT have it and I think it should be required!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    Thank you for the detailed explanations!
    BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    so glad to hear you like it, I just got mine at my shower yesterday and I can't wait to use it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"