Baby Showers
Options

Need some idea's on an "original" baby shower

My soon-to-be SIL (also my BFF for 12 years) is having a baby in June. I am planning her baby shower. Anyways, she is having a girl and we are doing a Raver Baby theme. So think lots of bright colors, glowsticks, and possible flashy lights. So for it's co-ed, probably going to be between 30-50 people, I have a few game ideas, and I think I know what I'm doing for favors. Any suggestions ladies? It would be muchly appreciated.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need some idea's on an "original" baby shower

• Options

I have never been to a rave, so I may not be much help...But I would think you could serve "late night" foods like pizza, fries, burgers etc. whatever you would normally feel like having after a late night of partying.

If you have someone with an Xbox or Wii you could have everyone do a dance competition or something? I'm really not sure what else you could tie into a rave theme.

• Options

It also depends on the crowd.  Is this just young friends, or is Great Aunt Elaine and Grandma Flo going to be invited? I hope its the former!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's going to be mostly younger (20 somethings) and then my family. The only real issue would be her grandma and mother. Other than that it'll be a fun crowd.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I haven't been to a rave in about 12 years, but here are some ideas that I came up with:

- Everyone gets an ecstasy tab when they walk through the door.

- Instead of walls, you have shag carpet wall coverings in shades of purple.

- No lights, only black-lit with glow-in-the-dark paint splattered all over the tables and people's glowing teeth to light the room.

- No food needed, only orange juice.

- House music with DJ.

- Everyone dresses like they did in 1998.

- When the host opens the presents, have her throw all the wrapping paper into a pit where people can roll around in it and taste it.

- A great favor would be a feather boa.

Good luck!  Sounds hilarious. 

• Options
    A rave theme is certainly unique for a baby shower, but I just can't come up with anything that brings it to the right level of appropriateness.
  • Options
    Google or search imges for PLUR, you will find lots of uhhh decor, costume and favor ideas. Although I think the only appropriate favors are ecstacy, candy necklaces and pacifiers or lollipops.
  • Options

"Although I think the only appropriate favors are ecstacy, candy necklaces and pacifiers or lollipops."

This!!!  PERFECT! 

• Options
    imagemybobofo:

"Although I think the only appropriate favors are ecstacy, candy necklaces and pacifiers or lollipops."

This!!!  PERFECT! 

At least pacifiers fit the baby theme!

• Options
    And with the flashing lights i hope there are no epileptics invited...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"