Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

C-Section Moms

I just found out my SIL is going in for an emergency C-section today (4 weeks before her due date).  We live really far from each other but I want to do something special and helpful.  Was there anything that was super helpful or you really wish you had after your c-section?  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: C-Section Moms

• Options
    Food! Maybe send her a gift certificate for a food place that delivers by her house? I couldn't stand for long periods until about 3 days after I got home so I couldn't cook and loved the frozen meals that MIL made for us.
  • Options
    I agree with pp~FOOD!!  After my c-section it was hard to get around at first and standing to cook dinner was definitely out of the question.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I third the food! We ate nothing but junk for the first week or two, because I couldn't cook. If no where near them delivers, then think of places that have carry-out, like Applebe'es, etc. If you can't do food, how about a gift basket with some snacks, a book, a picture frame for a baby picture, some movies? It was nice to have new entertainment while I was laid up in bed. Also a gift card to a cleaning service might be appreciated.
  • Options
    Food. Food. Food. There was no way I had the energy or the ability to make anything. DH was tired as well. We were thrilled when people brought us meals or gave us gift cards for local places so we could order in. Food was definitely most appreciated.
  • Options

Food (any pasta or easy to warm up).

Cozy Slippers and PJ sets

G/C for a HouseKeeper.

BTW- DS was born 24 days early, no NICU stay, etc. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    imageCMDR513:

Food (any pasta or easy to warm up).

Cozy Slippers and PJ sets

G/C for a HouseKeeper.

BTW- DS was born 24 days early, no NICU stay, etc. 

Thank you for this.... I'm so worried being so far away and not being able to know what's going on while it's happening.   

• Options
    Thank you so much ladies!  I've looked into some delivery services there, as well as some other items the girls on 0-3 months suggested.  Really appreciate the tips!
  • Options

definitely food or gift cards to close restaurants that DH could run out for really quick

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"