Georgia Babies
Options

Weekly Menu

I discovered by accident that DD loves salsa.  So I am now on a quest to make her a kid friendly salsa that I can hide some veggies. So if anyone has a recipe for such a thing I would appreciate it.

Here's Mine:

Pizza pasta casserole (To use up some ingredients I have on hand) with italian salad.

Greek Pitas with Orzo and Snap Peas

Soft Chicken Tacos, Pinto Beans, Rice, and homemade salsa.

Sauteed Chicken with Shallot Mushroom Sauce with garlic green beans

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weekly Menu

• Options

what kind of vegetables do you want to use?  I mean, salsa is by definition just a bunch of veggies mixed together....

My menu:

Sun:  shrimp enchiladas, spicy citrus black beans, cilantr-lime rice.  Mexican chocolate cake for dessert

Mon:  pork & tomatillo stew, cornbread, salad

Tues:  DH has a meeting, so I'll have leftovers

Wed:  salmon-spinach cakes w/spicy yogurt sauce, roasted broccoli

Thurs:  baked ziti, salad, garlic rolls

Fri:  who knows, maybe we'll grill, or maybe go out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sun: grilled bbq chicken, baked potatoes, asparagus

Mon: cheese ravioli with meat sauce, garlic bread

Tues: Whole Foods salad bar after the gym

Wed: tomato soup and grilled cheese

Thurs: chicken sandwiches, mac&cheese, peas

Fri: out for mexican

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sun: Red Snapper, oricchiette w/ roasted red pepper sauce, spinach

either Garlic or BBQ chicken, squash casserole, green salad

bulgogi, white rice, and probably something like spring rolls or pot stickers

Crab and avocado bake but not sure what sides.  I haven't figured out if this is going to end up like a tapas small plate or not. 

• Options
    Takeout takeout takeout. Saturday is evies birthday and I still have no idea what I'm doing when my family comes to visit that day. Probably takeout.
  • Options

Sun: Baked shrimp scampi and cous cous

M: Chicken noodle casserole

T: Baked walnut tomato tilapia, asparagus

W: Firey fried chicken (it's baked but that's what real simple calls it), salad

TH: Mexican chicken soup and sandwiches

F: Homemade pizza night 

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just want to say that I'm so jealous of all you ladies and your meal planning! Because of DH's schedule its so hard for me to do! I tried it for like a month, but he was changing his schedule so much, it became pointless. That's why I started couponing and stocking up on foods so I don't have to plan days ahead. I always have something in my pantry/freezer that I can fix for a dinner.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Amanda... I don't plan either. I feel so bored and I need to switch things up. So hard when we have a pescatarian in the house amongst picky eaters and meat lovers.  My menu right now is herb boneless chicken, sweet potato and spinach. And for the pescatarian man... curry chickpeas and brown rice.

Fun. :/

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • Options

imageMrs.Guz:
    I just want to say that I'm so jealous of all you ladies and your meal planning! Because of DH's schedule its so hard for me to do! I tried it for like a month, but he was changing his schedule so much, it became pointless. That's why I started couponing and stocking up on foods so I don't have to plan days ahead. I always have something in my pantry/freezer that I can fix for a dinner.

I usually just get a mental goal of what I'll make but then depending on when I can go to the grocery store and what they have available or on sale when I get there, sometimes I change it up.  Like for example I didn't make it to the store tonight so I'm making dinner out of stuff in the freezer.  Steak tips with veggie rice pilaf for me and DH and the girls are probably going to have spaghettio's per Emma's request.  And since we're having steak tonight I'll probably end up not making the bulgogi until next week. 

I try to go to the grocery store twice a week, any more than that is dumb but once a week doesn't cut it with as crazy as our schedules are.  For example, if it rains for the rest of the week and soccer is cancelled for both Emma and Bryan, I'll have more sit down appropriate dinners but if they have practice all week I'll make sure whatever I cook can be reheated for when Bryan gets home late. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"