Blended Families
Options

Best BM quote I have gotten (in writing!)...

So, we normally have a pretty amicable relationship (BM and I - not her and DH lol). 

Well, you all know DH switched jobs, and moved states. So he went a month w/o a paycheck. Which means BM hasn't gotten a CS check since mid December. Granted we warned her of all this a month in advance, etc. He got his first check last week, and CS had not been deducted. So he called his corporate office, and they said it takes two checks to go through. Ok, we'll make sure next check, if not we'll call back. I know BM depends on the check, but I can't even pay state directly, because my bank acct was ALSO at zero due to being w/o a check for over a month, DH's accident, Drew's surgeries, etc. So we owe quite a bit in back pay, but it will all be taken care of next friday when we get check.

Anywho, so I txtd BM and asked if we could start talking summer plans. Because she is getting married, etc, we need to know what dates she needs him, and honeymoon (when we'll get) etc.

She responded "Not to sound mean, or like I am using P... but until I get CS, you can't have him."

Oh dear. You KNOW we've been talking to the OSCE for the state, and you, and DH's corporate office. And you know that CS and visitation are two separate issues. But thanks for putting that in writing in case we need it later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best BM quote I have gotten (in writing!)...

• Options

That's a good one.We have gotten alot of interesting responses over the years. My DH keeps them all. I know most of them are out of frustration and luckily they are never directed at me. I am in the same situation as you, I really like my SS mom and she and my DH tolerate each other for the sake of him.

As long as your doing the right thing, that is all you can do. I have learned as a step mom, don't sweat the small stuff or you will be stinky alot:)

• Options

Wow!  She really doesn't have a choice, she can't legally withhold visits due to lack of child support.  It is even better that you have it in writing!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome. I'm glad she realizes cs and visitation are two separate things. Hood job bm. Good job.
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • Options
    imagewendilea:

That's almost as good as what BM1 did in court last year.  DH represented himself, and was questioning her.  He said "You do realize that CS and visitation are 2 separate issues, don't you?"  She said "Yes"  He said "Then why did you send this email saying that I couldn't have them because of back medical payments?"  and she replied IN COURT with the smugest look on her face "Because I wanted to see if you knew."

I could have slapped her.  Better yet, I think the judge wanted to, too.

That's priceless!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"