May 2011 Moms

Bad@ss Mommas? No Flame

PIP game maybe? If you have one, upload a picture of your favorite tattoo on your body, or one you're thinking about getting.

1. How many of you have tattoos?

2. What are they?

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind?

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth?

-If you think tattoos are the Devil and trashy, tell us why :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bad@ss Mommas? No Flame

• 1. How many of you have tattoos? I have a total of 7

2. What are they? Doves on my hip bones, a butterfly on the back of my neck, Chinese for "Never Again" on my lower back, a butterfly with music notes on my left foot, "Unconditional Love" on my right rib cage, and a flower in smoke connecting a dove to the rib cage tattoo

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? Each one has a meaning, from being for DH or a cat I had for 16 years (cheesy I know, but he was my bestie)

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Absolutely. For as long as I have been able to feel LO, I have felt him on my right side for the most part. I plan on getting his hand and foot prints on the right side of my belly, where I feel him the most. DH is getting his foot prints I think.

image imageimageimageimageimage

• I'm tattooless. I don't think they are trashy or lame but I never ended up getting one. I'm LDS so its looked down upon by my religion and honestly I'm just afraid of getting one. Its a lot of money, needles and will fade and change as my body gets old and changes. 

However, I do think there comes a point where they are trashy. Depends on subject matter and how many you have. One or two I have no problem with. When you have a full sleeve or leg and you have one on your stomach, back and butt that's a little trashy to me. 

Also I think tramp stamps and lower belly tattoos are just begging for misconceptions. No offense if anyone here has one in those areas. For example, I worked with a girl who got her boyfriends name just above her crotch. Then she got pregnant by someone else and not only did the tattoo change because of the pregnancy but it was a different guy. That to me is trashy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many of you have tattoos? I have 5

2. What are they?
    Flowers on my ankle- my first tattoo at 13 years old (BAAD idea, hate this one, I was stupid and a bit of a crazy teen)

Cherries on my butt- ;) my 18th birthday present to myself, I got this with my best friend, it's a little bit on the 'cutesy' side but I still love it.

Clovers on my hip- I come from a very strong irish heritage and one very proud Mick family, this was the first of these tatts.

'Veritas'- on my other hip, it means "truth" in Gaelic which is a huge deal to me given several life experiences. My husband and I both have this one.

Celtic Cross on my foot- more irish, I got this one for the symbolism and the detailed celtic knot work, this is probably my favorite so far

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Yes, I've wanted another after my son was born but haven't figured out the perfect saying/quote yet... I want something to symbolize becoming a mother and the huge impact it's had on my life. I'm going to get this on my ribcage.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • I personally do not care for them on MY body. I know that with age they change and as safe as people want to believe they are they do damage the skin. JNMS    I have seen some that are super trashy in the sense that they are wrongly placed and have lost their shape/color/etc.

I just cannot do it. just not for me...

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I will be getting another after baby, maybe a shooting star on my back.

imageimage
  • tattoo

1. this one is my favorite, it's most recent, and kind of random decision to get it when my friend was in town.

2. paw prints, fish on my other foot, and celtic design on my lower back.

3. -paw prints: kind of random decision when my friend was in town.  I work with some animal shelters and feel strongly about animal rights.

-fish: in remembrance of my grandpa, we were really close.  He loved to fish, so I got the fish done after he passed away.

-celtic symbol: it's a Newgrange spiral, which my parents have on their wedding bands, and then there are 3 celtic knots surrounding it.  Again, kind of random decision on new year's eve a few years ago lol 

4. I don't plan on getting any more...although DH has talked about getting his first one done for the baby.

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• 1. How many of you have tattoos? I have 7 tattoos.

2. What are they? Two are quotes from Latin poetry (one under my boob, one on my forearm), one is an octopus (ribs), one is a dragonfly(right hip), the Leo symbol(left hip), the infinity symbol, and the Ankh.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? The quotes speak volumes about me and to me when translated. The ankh & the infinity, I did myself when I was 15 lol. Dragonflies are sort of my "spirit animals"...Leo is my star sign...and the octopus I got to cover up a horrid scar from a car accident.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Probably not for a while. I have to be in shape when I get my tattoos.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

no more scar, yay!

Dragonfly...Leo

• imagePythia1022:

1. How many of you have tattoos? I have 7 tattoos.

2. What are they? Two are quotes from Latin poetry (one under my boob, one on my forearm), one is an octopus (ribs), one is a dragonfly(right hip), the Leo symbol(left hip), the infinity symbol, and the Ankh.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? The quotes speak volumes about me and to me when translated. The ankh & the infinity, I did myself when I was 15 lol. Dragonflies are sort of my "spirit animals"...Leo is my star sign...and the octopus I got to cover up a horrid scar from a car accident.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Probably not for a while. I have to be in shape when I get my tattoos.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

no more scar, yay!

Dragonfly...Leo

I've been scared to get tats near my stomach because of bump growth, can I ask how yours are doing?

imageimage
  • imagetheaustins05:
    imagePythia1022:

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

no more scar, yay!

Dragonfly...Leo

I've been scared to get tats near my stomach because of bump growth, can I ask how yours are doing?

Mine haven't moved an inch! The last tentacle is low enough, and the upper one is high enough on my ribs. My artist and I were SUPER picky about placement, though, just for that reason. I don't expect any of them to move.

• imagePythia1022:

Mine haven't moved an inch! The last tentacle is low enough, and the upper one is high enough on my ribs. My artist and I were SUPER picky about placement, though, just for that reason. I don't expect any of them to move.

That's good. My aunt had a seahorse on her lower stomach and when she got pregnant it was horribly stretched out, so I was nervous to get one where you have your octopus, but your right, if you plan the tattoo properly there is no reason for it to be damaged.

imageimage
  • My tattoo did not survive with my last pregnancy. It was a small chinese symbol on my side. It is very low (cannot even be seen in a bikini, even though I will likely never get to wear one again).

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetheaustins05:
    imagePythia1022:

That's good. My aunt had a seahorse on her lower stomach and when she got pregnant it was horribly stretched out, so I was nervous to get one where you have your octopus, but your right, if you plan the tattoo properly there is no reason for it to be damaged.

Mine haven't moved either. I thought for sure my doves were going to be as big as bald eagles by now and they're still the same size. Yes, it's all about placement. Tattoo artists are usually pretty good about picking places to put certain tattoos. I trust my guy completely- known him for forever and a day- and we discussed placement with all mine, also.

• 1. How many of you have tattoos?

I do! I have 3 total.

2. What are they?

Wrist: I have a Triforce (from Zelda) that matches my husbands.. and then above that is the 'Life' bar from the game, I got it with the intention of getting a heart (or a 'life') added for every year my DH and I are married. I haven't had the chance to go get the hearts added yet.

(here is a screen cap from the game, in case anyone doesn't understand the 'Life' bar thing, top right corner.. :)

Hip: I have the fairy from (don't laugh, Zelda) in the sterotypical hip tattoo place. In the game the fairy acts as a guide, the specific one I got is the fairy of courage, who's optimistic and cheery.. and I love her in the game because she's adorable. (You can see this one in all my HDBD pictures!)

Behind my ear: I have a very small symbol that looks like it means 'no music', but in short it means, don't settle for mediocre music (mass produced hip-hop culture stuff), that true music should be 'raw' and original. 

I also plan on getting a tattoo on my calf of Bruce Campbell from Army of Darkness right after the baby is born. I'm a huge fan of the Evil Dead movies, I would have Bruce Campbell's babies.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth?

I plan on getting something, but I'm not quite sure what yet. I think I'm just getting birth dates tattooed on my left side (by my heart) of both this LO and also the EDD of my angel baby.

Wow, this was long and made me sound really nerdy, hopefully most of you got bored and stopped reading halfway through.. haha! 

♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • 1. How many of you have tattoos? 6

2. What are they? 1- butterfly on hip bone. 2- four leaf clover on lower back (right side) 3- three cherry blossoms on right foot. 4- Wings on back. 5- triskeles on left wrist. 6- tribal on neck.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? Butterfly was first tat. Was with my best friend on spring break in college, I love butterflies. Four leaf clover was the next spring break. The three cherry blossoms on my foot are for my three nieces. The wings on my back I got the day that my divorce was final. The Triskeles (to me) represents past present and future- its was a gift from my current husband on my 29th birthday. The tribal on my neck fits inside the cross on my husbands neck. We got them on our honeymoon (that was actually before the wedding)

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Yes, I plan on getting something for her but haven't decided what yet.

I wish i had a pic of the cherry blossoms but i can't find it on my computer. It is probably the most sentimental to me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Got to be honest: I've looked at all the tatoos here, and I am so glad I've got none. I really hope those all survive your pregnancies undisturbed, but a lot of them look like it's not going to happen.

I have no desire to commit to something so permanent... that often ends up looking pretty different in a few decades.

• I only have the one, but it has me addicted. I can see how people end up looking like Kat Von Dee and Travis Barker. But I will only get a few more.
    imageimage
  • imagejodyrm:
    Wrist: I have a Triforce (from Zelda) that matches my husbands.. and then above that is the 'Life' bar from the game, I got it with the intention of getting a heart (or a 'life') added for every year my DH and I are married. I haven't had the chance to go get the hearts added yet.

A friend of ours just had a baby whose nursery is done in a Zelda theme and we bought him a Triforce one-piece via Cafe Press.  

• i have two. a small fish on the inside of my ankle that i drew on for 1.5 years with a pen *every day* before i got it. lol.

here's my second, it's on my left forearm:

long version on my blog: https://sugarpumkin.blogspot.com/2009/07/fresh-ink.html

short version: the word 'hope' in hebrew.

i definitely want more...i'd love a full sleeve on one of my arms. haven't really thought much about getting one for LO.

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• 1. How many of you have tattoos?  I don't have any, but I wanted to play anyway :)  I hate needles, so I don't think I could handle getting a tattoo.  I really like piercings...much less time spent with the sharp pointy thing entering your skin ;) 

2. What are they? If I ever got one, it would probably be something very small.  A solid black design. 

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? If I ever got one, I think it would be simply because I thought it looked neat. 

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? No, I don't think so

• imageJMU_Bride09:

1. How many of you have tattoos?  I don't have any, but I wanted to play anyway :)  I hate needles, so I don't think I could handle getting a tattoo.  I really like piercings...much less time spent with the sharp pointy thing entering your skin ;) 

2. What are they? If I ever got one, it would probably be something very small.  A solid black design. 

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? If I ever got one, I think it would be simply because I thought it looked neat. 

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? No, I don't think so

Yes 

imageimage
  • 1. How many of you have tattoos? I have two.

2. What are they? One's a chinese symbol for monkey, on my lower back. It was my first, got it when I was 18.

The second is on my ankle, it's an orange ribbon for leukemia, with my dads name, got that when I was 20.. He died when I was 18. I took forever to decide if I truly wanted it or not. 

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? The first is my nickname at the summer camp I went to as a kid, every summer. I started as a camper, and then went to a counselor, and then ran the whole winter riding barn one year. So, ages 9-21 I spent there. It's in the lady who owned a family Chinese restaurant (she watched me and my sibling grow up from newborns until now) handwriting.

The one for my dad is pretty simple. He died of leukemia, so I got the ribbon... and his name.. It's his middle name because he was a Jr, and that's what his family called him by. the placement is on the ankle I broke in a horseback riding accident. No real special reason why that ankle.. but that was my reasoning for deciding where to put it.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Probably not. There is one more I'd like to get, but because of where I want it, I doubt I'll ever be comfortable enough to get it after this pregnancy. But we'll see.

I'd post pictures, but neither of them are anything fancy. I'm quite plain actually... 

My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • 1. Four, though one takes up my full upper arm (not pictured).

2. A Peep (bunny candy), hummingbird, sugarskull, and scene of two kids kissing (surrounded by peonies, moravian stars, and other such things).

3. I love Peeps/think they're really cute; hummingbirds remind me of my childhood; sugarskull - mystery; kissing kids was a popular sillouhette in the 70's and my parents had a Christmas ornament of it with their names engraved on it. Represents everlasting love/marriage.

4. No.

I don't think tattoos make me bad @ss. Like, at all. They were something I got because I wanted them at the time, but they aren't something I would do again given a clean slate. However, I'm stuck with them/like the ones I have/and that's that. I think they give people the wrong impression of me. Like being bad @ss. Geeked

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. How many of you have tattoos?  I originally read that as how many tattoos do you have, so I'm gonna answer that :)  I have 5.

2. What are they? chinese character for music near my stomach, chinese character for fate in the small of my back, a cartoonish french bulldog from a tokidoki drawing on my forearm, and two celestial type tattoos on my shoulders.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? unfortunately, only two really have any kind of meaning-the chinese characters. the others are just "fluff".

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Not really my style to get one specifically for LO-maybe something meaningful, but nothing that is just like their name and birth date....that's bound be weird when they get older. I'm kinda over most of my tats. I honestly wish I would've gotten some better ones,  and I've often contemplated getting some of them re-worked. Maybe when I'm done having babies I'll invest the time and money to have them spruced up a bit.

• 1. How many of you have tattoos? One.

2. What are they? It's a tribal band around my ankle. In the center is the Roxy symbol (surfing company) which kinda looks like a heart.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? I got it on my 18th birthday when I was really into surfing. I was thinking about getting it turned into something else right before I found out I was pregnant.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? I think DH and I will both get a tattoo to symbolize our LO. We just haven't decided what.

• imagePythia1022:

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

no more scar, yay!

Dragonfly...Leo

I love your tats! Great work!!!!!

ME-

I do not have any...... I like them but could never decide on anything. Most things are phases and i got over them. I did have my tounge, belly, nose pierced for a very long time.

If i can think of a tat i like and then i have to like it for a whole year, than ill get one, no tats has even stayed on my 'like' list after a year.  

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• imagekristennd:

imagejodyrm:

A friend of ours just had a baby whose nursery is done in a Zelda theme and we bought him a Triforce one-piece via Cafe Press.  

That's amazing!! Our boy name was going to be Linkon (so we could call him Link for short..). Zelda changed my life. Ha!
    ♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • 1. How many of you have tattoos? I do. Big Smile

2. What are they? A lotus flower on my right foot. It's missing text around the stem which will be finished when we wean LO off the tit. "...always keep your ego at your feet"

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? My grandmother and Butch Walker. Ha! My grandmother loved lotus flowers...and Butch Walker wrote the lyric.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? Nooooooo.

Photobucket
  • 1. How many of you have tattoos? I do

2. What are they? I have a hibiscus and two plumeria flowers on my lower back.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind? I had them both done in Kauai, Hawaii. I got the hibiscus flower the day after we scattered my father's ashes at sea and I added the two plumeria flowers during DH and my honeymoon.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? I don't know yet. I have to keep up my tradition of getting tattooed in Hawaii, and I know we are not going to be able to travel there for a few years.

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• 1. How many of you have tattoos? 2

2. What are they? A bird and a bible verse.

3. What was your reason for getting it or them -or- What's the meaning behind?

Both have religious meanings to me. The bird I got when I was 18 years old and the bible verse was after I got a divorce.

4. Are you getting one for LO after birth? I would like another one but I have no idea what I would get!

• forgot my bird..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"