Natural Birth

Renting birth pool?

Re: Renting birth pool?

• You can rent an aquadoula, not sure of your location. Just google it.

You can also buy a kiddie pool.

I actually bought a horse trough and gave birth in it!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2884845&id=5225564&l=6ad7a29b53 

• Where does one even find a horse trough?
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought it at an animal supply store. It was $70.
  • My midwife is renting me the aquadoula for $200.

I interviewed one midwife who uses the horse trough, but I was a little turned off... the name didn't inspire me and I like the idea of having control over the water temperature.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerachelinouray:

My midwife is renting me the aquadoula for $200.

I interviewed one midwife who uses the horse trough, but I was a little turned off... the name didn't inspire me and I like the idea of having control over the water temperature.

GL!

I have attended 2 births where the aquadoula was used.

One worked fine as the mom and dad were pretty petite and the mom ended up not using the tub as much and delivered on land.

On the other birth however, mom was a tall woman. 5'10'' and probably around 200lbs. Everytime she leaned against the tub the sides would give in and water would splash out of the tub.

That is why I like the horse trough, is has sturdy sides. It is pretty much like a tub but much much deeper.

As far as temperature. I did not have a heating pump in my trough, however the water stayed warm for the entire 5 hours I was inside. For a longer labor, you could always add more hot water to keep it warm or buy a heating pump.

• DH and I just watched your video and thought it looked like a larger version of the horse trough we bought from Tractor Supply Company that we use to catch the water from the sump pump to use on the garden and plants during the warm months. Ha! Great idea using that! I am guessing it was pretty pricey though, unless you planned on using it for other things later. I know our trough was a 100 gallon and I think it was around $70. Yours looks bigger, unless you are super tiny. After seeing your video I tried to picture myself in the same position and decided there was no way I could look as comfy in ours, so it must be smaller. :-)

Oh, and I like the HypnoBabies in the background too! 

• imagemantle:

DH and I just watched your video and thought it looked like a larger version of the horse trough we bought from Tractor Supply Company that we use to catch the water from the sump pump to use on the garden and plants during the warm months. Ha! Great idea using that! I am guessing it was pretty pricey though, unless you planned on using it for other things later. I know our trough was a 100 gallon and I think it was around $70. Yours looks bigger, unless you are super tiny. After seeing your video I tried to picture myself in the same position and decided there was no way I could look as comfy in ours, so it must be smaller. :-)

Oh, and I like the HypnoBabies in the background too! 

It is the 100 gallon one, I am just super short! They had a 150 gallon for I think $110 but I fit fine in the 100 one so we bought it for $70.

I was afraid too that it would not be comfty but it turned out fine. I was able to move into several positions without trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"