Secondary IF

Unmedicated IUI and PCOS - counterintuitive?

Post happy again today Smile

I have PCOS, but DD is proof that I do O occasionally.  DH and I are discussing moving forward, but we both have an adversion to drugs (which I may just have to get over!) Anyway, I mentioned "unmedicated IUI" to him, but thinking about it, I wonder if that would make no sense given my irregularity.  When I do O, its usually anywhere from day 36-50. That alone would make monitoring a b*tch.  Anyone have any info for me regarding this? Thanks! 

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Unmedicated IUI and PCOS - counterintuitive?

• I have no advice other than medicated cycles would help you ovulate earlier and stronger.  I would think you would monitor an unmedicated cycle using ovulation predictor kit (OPKs).  When you would get a positive, you would notify them and schedule the IUI around the timing of your + OPK.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • imagembs427:
    I have no advice other than medicated cycles would help you ovulate earlier and stronger.  I would think you would monitor an unmedicated cycle using ovulation predictor kit (OPKs).  When you would get a positive, you would notify them and schedule the IUI around the timing of your + OPK.

Ditto this.  I hope your O gets back on track soon so you can get your BFP!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with previous posters.  I have a friend who rarely ovulated.  She only got a period when on the pill.  She did an unmedicated iui using opks and now has a beautiful little girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"