Washington Babies
Options

Nap ?

This past week A is refusing to nap unless he is being held or we go for a drive.  He had been napping with no problems in his little vibrating chair.  Once he falls asleep I have tried putting him in his chair, swing, crib, and bassinet but he wakes up within 30 minutes of being down.  I can tell he is tired and he crashes for 2+ hours as long as he is being held.  Yesterday and today I went out and ran errands and he slept from the time we got in the car for 2.5+ hours.  We have no problems at bedtime.  We do bath, bottle, rocking, and then put his in his bassinet and he sleeps no problem.  Anyone else have a LO that does this?  Any suggestions on how to help him nap without being held or taking a drive?  As much as I would love to sit and snuggle him for every nap I know I need to have him nap in other places and would like to be able to get some things done while he naps.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nap ?

• Options

My biggest advice is lame, but it's that this is totally normal and will pass. 

Some folks have had luck with swaddling.  My solution was to put her in the moby or bjorn and get stuff done.  It freed up my arms and kept her asleep for longer periods.  K once slept almost entirely through a daylong consignment sale that I was volunteering at in the moby. 

Good luck, this is so rough but is a normal stage!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to say but that was normal for us as well. C didn't nap ever for the first 3ish months unless we went for a drive, or she fell asleep on the Boppy after nursing and we didn't move her. Eventually she began to let us rock her to sleep and would snooze in her swing for a bit when we'd put her in asleep. Now she naps in our bed too after rocking. Those first three months for us were incredibly difficult but she really improved after that. Hang in there, the time will pass before you know it and I bet pretty soon you'll have a better napper!

image Visit The Nest!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, normal.  Your baby is probably just now waking up and realizing he's not still in you.  ;)  Do whatever you need to do for him to get some rest and be happy.  YOu'r enot making bad habits now.  They change a zillion times between now and even 9 months.  My kids took naps in the moby, the swing, the car, etc.  and for Cooper at least, to sleep in his crib at that age he had to be swaddled HARD.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!  I just wanted to make sure it was normal and that I wasn't starting a bad habit! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely normal.  We had great luck with swaddling and having him sleep in his swing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"