Adoption
Options

Not a good day!

Today in the mail we got another bill for our failed adoption back in November.  Our attorney had told us the costs we lost and billed us for them.  We paid and now today we get another bill.  Apparently the birth father filed a bunch of stuff against us in court to "block" our petition to adopt, even though we were in the process already of having it withdrawn.  So, those issues had to be dealt with and here is our bill.  I get so tired of only having bad news!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!

Re: Not a good day!

• Options

UGH.  We got reminder phone calls from the pediatrician about appointments, medical bills that were being sent collections (b/c the birthmother wouldn't take the initiative...even after being asked multiple times...to update the guarantor information on the account and they wouldn't talk to us), and legal bills for months and months afterward. 

He was born 1/29 and the last we heard from them was in September.  Hopefully we won't ever again.

• Options
    We got the medical bills too.  Thankfully that was one thing the birth father actually took care of quickly!  I sure hope we don't keep getting legal bills for months!  It's just brings back the sadness, which I know you are all too familiar with!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's awful.  I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  I'm absolutely dreading tomorrow and the memories that will come with it.  :(
  • Options
    Ugh.  Sorry :(
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"