Washington Babies
Options

Infant/Child CPR class recs?

Sorry, sorry, I know I keep asking for recs.   I thought this would be easier to find and sign up for a class.  I've searched local city pages, Red Cross, our hospital (Providence), and some local fire depts.   I haven't landed on anything that is exactly what we were hoping to find, but maybe I'm misguided. :-)

Right now, I think we'll probably go with a Mukilteo Recs Dept course, even though it also incl adult and costs more than I'd expected to pay.

If you took infant/child CPR & first aid, can you tell me where you took it?  I'm particularly looking in the north end (Edmonds/Lynnwood/Mukilteo/Mill Creek/etc).  And bonus points if the class is not 8 hours long!!!

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!

Re: Infant/Child CPR class recs?

• Options

We were given a video at the NICU at Evergreen to learn it.  I think you have to do the 8 hour class to be "certified".  

Evergreen looks like they have 3 1/2 hour classes:  https://weblink.healthlines.org/web3/clRs2.do;jsessionid=467A06D1B95A8F1EAC0C79813102DA9E 

• Options

Someone in our parent/baby class set up a free one at the Woodinville fire station - it was a couple hours long, no certification, pretty casual but covered the basics and the instructor tailored it to the audience (all parents with kids under 1) so there was a longer section on choking and he also talked about febril seizures.

I know my local mom's group is doing one at the snoqualmie fire station soon for $5 but I don't remember exactly when.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did one through CPR Seattle.  It was 2 hours or less and very hands on.
  • Options
    imagetheresab:

Someone in our parent/baby class set up a free one at the Woodinville fire station - it was a couple hours long, no certification, pretty casual but covered the basics and the instructor tailored it to the audience (all parents with kids under 1) so there was a longer section on choking and he also talked about febril seizures.

I know my local mom's group is doing one at the snoqualmie fire station soon for $5 but I don't remember exactly when.

Are you talking about the Snoqualmie Meet-Up group? I set up that CPR class. It's on March 26 at 1:00.
  • Options

Me, my husband, 2 SIL's and BIL all took the one that is offered at Lynnwood fire department.  It was a couple of hours long and you become Red Cross certified.  The instructor was super funny, but very serious about teaching and made sure you understood what to do.

I highly recommend it.

• Options

Thanks for the info, everyone!  I did a little more searching, too.  I'm going to have to wait to schedule something b/c I have several things happening in the next few months and I don't have them all nailed down yet.  But I do appreciate it b/c I have other things to consider.

Bri- We are leaning toward the Lynnwood class b/c it's the best price and timing should work with DH's work schedule.  I'm glad to hear the instructor is funny!  I always feel weird about using the dummies in CPR classes.

• Options
    We took the one at Providence. It was good and the instructor was really patient.
  • Options

imagestampinbride:
    We took the one at Providence. It was good and the instructor was really patient.

We thought about it but, according to the description, it's infant only.  We're hoping to also cover child, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"