Northern California Babies

((((Sweetie P))))

How did the Dr's visit go? I hope it wasn't too bad :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ((((Sweetie P))))

•  

Thanks for asking.  Ryan is a trooper - other than being shy about getting nakie, he did great with the pedi.  Sadly his asst is the one to give the shots and it wasn't even his normal asst (whom I really like).  It's just hard to have to hold your son's hands and know that it hurts him...even if it's for the best.   He doesn't normally cry real tears when he cries and 3 of the 4 shots brought tears to his eyes and one made him scream.  It was horrible...soooo glad that it's over.   Ugh.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Oh I'm sorry. the Tetanus is the one that smarts. I hate the shots so much, believe it or not, even as a pediatrician, I can't stand to go in the shot room when the kids are crying. Well you both did a great job and it's over now for a long time. I wish there was a better way. Maybe someday we will all be looking back and saying "remember when vaccines were given as shots? that was so barbaric!"
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry, that is so hard to take. I hate it too, I try really hard to avoid the shot room at the clinic. I don't know how the nurses do it all day, ugh! Maybe someday there will be an easier way to give vaccinations and we will all look back at those needles and think "how barbaric!". Anyway, sounds like you both did great and it's over now!!! 

Oops sorry I answered twice, I thought the first one got deleted :P 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"