Washington Babies
Options

Do you have the Summer Infant Day/Night Handheld Color Monitor?

Like this?

We've had ours for probably 2 years now and use it daily.  I'm wondering what other's experiences are with it wearing out after awhile?  It seems like the picture quality has gone down a lot over the last 2 years and it frequently gets static-y for no reason (as in, there's nothing like a cell or remote next to it to cause interference).  Just wondering if that has been other's experience as well?  I was planning to just buy an additional camera for DS#2, but I'm wondering if it's not just worth it to buy a whole new set (since the extra camera is $80 and a whole new one is $112 right now on Amazon). 

So, do you have one and how long have you been using it?  Is it still working like new??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have the Summer Infant Day/Night Handheld Color Monitor?

• Options
    Our old one definitely is more finnicky and the battery life is bad now. We got a whole second set. Another reason to get two is that in the middle of the night I want to be listening to both rooms and so you need to handheld ends unless you get the fancy new one that scans both cameras.
  • Options
    I do have this one, but just got it for W.   My good friend has this one also, got it 5 years ago for her oldest and uses it daily for her 2 year old still. She has no issues.  I find mine is very finicky about where is it in the kitchen, for some reason needs it's antenna up against an outside wall (?), but is fine upstairs in our bedroom at night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the same monitor and used it A LOT for 2 years then the battery got over heated and it wouldn't charge.  The only thing they could do was to have me buy a refurbished one for $50 but those don't last that long either.  I Just bought the sleek and secure instead and love it.  I also like having the peace of mine of it being digital so no one can see in my house like with the analog one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageChubbyCheekiesMom:
    I had the same monitor and used it A LOT for 2 years then the battery got over heated and it wouldn't charge.  The only thing they could do was to have me buy a refurbished one for $50 but those don't last that long either.  I Just bought the sleek and secure instead and love it.  I also like having the peace of mine of it being digital so no one can see in my house like with the analog one.

Do you have a link to this one?  This sounds nice, as I know a few of our neighbors have ours and I can frequently switch channels and see their babies clear as day!

• Options

This is the one we got, but in black.  (it's cheaper now darnit!).  I got mine off Amazon as well, and you can also get one that comes with two cameras.  This one allows you to view up to 4 cameras on one screen (it's split).  It also has 2 way talking.  I will say though that the picture is more grainy than the analog, it has some bad reviews from people because of that.  But to be honest it works great for us.  I can see T very clearly and we have it mounted about 7 feet off the ground. We don't have any interference either. I unplug mine at Nap time and plug it in at night, it has a really long cord (which is nice because the Analog didn't and I would trip over it).  It last for about 10-12 hours before it needs to be charged.

https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Secure-Handheld-Monitor/dp/B0036WNB50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1296326540&sr=8-1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"