Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro & Question (Ticker mentions DD)

Hi, I have always been more of a lurker than a poster on The Bump, but yesterday, my DH and I found out  that we had a missed m/c (baby stopped growing one week after our last OB appointment at 7w6d).  It was supposed to be our 11w appt. I had a D&C yesterday afternoon.  I suspect I didn't naturally miscarry because I was taking progesterone supplements.  The procedure was disturbingly easy (I guess I thought it should be harder on me, but it was virtually painless and quick and I  have had little to no bleeding today on day 2).

So, my question is, if you had a D&C and didn't bleed much on the day after, did the bleeding get worse or come back later, or is the physical part really all behind me at this point?

P.S. I went and changed my siggy to remove my EDD, but haven't tested it yet, so if it looks funny, apologies.

DD2- May 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1/26/11- missed m/c @ 12 weeks

Re: Intro & Question (Ticker mentions DD)

• I'm really sorry for your loss.

I had my D&C two weeks ago today. Immediately after the D&C, I had very little bleeding and fairly minimal pain. I have still not had consistent heavy bleeding, but I have had 3-4 days since when the bleeding was moderate. One day in particular I had some small clots, but still not much bleeding. What was significant to me was the 3 times in the week following the procedure that I had horrible cramps or contractions. I read that even after a D&C your body may produce contractions to expel anything that may still be in your uterus, and I believe that's what happened to me, as the cramping I felt was unlike anything I've felt before (and thankfully since). But that too has subsided, and at two weeks today, my bleeding and cramping seems completely to have ended. I go back to my doctor on Monday for my follow up visit, so I'm hopeful that he'll give me the go-ahead to TTC after my next cycle.

Sending warm thoughts to you. 

• Thanks to both of you!  It's been such a sucky day and a half..... even though I suspected something was wrong, it's a whole other thing to hear the dr. say that it's not a 11 week baby in there and that there's no HB.  ugh.  Somehow, it just seems like if I can figure out what is going to happen next, that somehow that will make it better.....

Best wishes to both of you!  I hope you both have success soon and can find your own peace with your own losses.... Thanks again!

DD2- May 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1/26/11- missed m/c @ 12 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • I'm so so sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • I am sorry I dont have any advice for you. Just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can heal from your loss soon. I may need to have a D&C if I dont start to m/c naturally.
    Lisa~ Married to Matt PCOS~ 2010, MTHFR & Factor V Leiden 10/2011 Loving Mother to 3 children and 13 angels in Heaven Baby #4 EDD 6/17/12~Became an angel 10/18/11 @ 6 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers My little one You have left us too soon Though my body can no longer hold you I hold you forever in my heart As precious and beautiful as this flower caught in time A mother's love does not forget
  • So Sorry for your loss.  I had my D&C last Thurs.- I can tell you how I've felt but...  I had bleeding the first 5 days, then the 6th day being hardly anything.  The bleeding was never horrible, just there.  I did get bad cramping Sat & Sun, then a bad headache for about 3 days, then so far doing ok.      I also have the belly bloat still and am too wondering if the physical part is almost behind?  

Let me know how it goes and here's hoping it goes ok for you.  Hugs and take care.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i had my dc two weeks ago today. im still bleading, sometime light sometimes heavy but what worries me is that  four days after my dc i passed a huge amount of golf ball sized clots. im talking like two cups full and was in really bad pain. it was weird bacuse up untill then i had hardley any bleading. has anyone else experienced this. i called the advice  line but they didnt know what to tell me. they just said to go to the er if the pain was unbareable. i chose not to go becausd i had already been there enough.im doing much better physicaly and emoationaly the last few day, i know its really hard to hear but it will get better. today also marks the third day in the last two week when i havent cried. keep your chin up and find hope that some day yourl hold a beautful baby in your arms, because some day honey you will, so we well all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  Altough I had a natural m/c my body didn't know that our baby stopped growing either.  My bleeding and cramps stretched out over a week, but got better and, as my nurse and Dr told me - each person's body recovers differently.  It was so hard for me to not have a plan or someone tell me what would happen, but cycles and things get on track and if you're taking progresterone, I would hope they're watching to make sure things happen within a window of time. 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since 3-2008: v/c repair 2009; BFP: 7-2010, m/c 8-2010, c/p 4-2011, BFP: 6-2011 EDD: 2-12-2012?
    "Lovebugs2012"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Today I am pregnant & I love my baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"