D.C. Area Babies
Options

Vent - I want a glass of wine so bad...

Ugh, I spent the weekend in NYC for a bachelorette party and looked longingly at all the fun cocktails I couldn't drink. Now I'm paying for all the walking around and late nights with muscle pain in my hips and legs. It hurts to sit, stand and walk. Lovely. DH is out of town on business until Saturday and all I want to do is go home, put on some trashy TV and drink 1-2 big, fat glasses of red wine. The pregnancy has been going so well, so far and I know my discomfort is only going to get worse. It just sucks I can't medicate with alcohol. Someone have a drink for me tonight!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent - I want a glass of wine so bad...

• Options
    I'm LOLing about this post because I did a very similar post on Sunday. I totally miss my wine. I know it's for a wonderful cause of course but it still doesn't take away the craving.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You may think me a bad mommy, but I had the occasional glass of wine while pregnant (I can count the glasses on one hand from this pregnancy less you think I am a lush).  In moderation, I never saw it as harmful.  When I was in England during my first pregnancy there was even a study released that said wine in moderation while pregnant had benefits.  If it casues you more stress to drink it than it would relieve it's not worth it according to my OB/Gyn, but as my dr. pointed out European babies are as healthy if not more healthy than American babies and women there don't stop drinking. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the "I want a glass of wine moment" many times in the last few weeks.  We were in Germany (I hate beer) and Italy (no wine for me) after Christmas and I missed out on all the Gluhwein, which I love.  There was one place in Austria that had non alcoholic Gluhwein, I loved them.  
  • Options

imageHey Jellisy:
    You may think me a bad mommy, but I had the occasional glass of wine while pregnant (I can count the glasses on one hand from this pregnancy less you think I am a lush).  In moderation, I never saw it as harmful.  When I was in England during my first pregnancy there was even a study released that said wine in moderation while pregnant had benefits.  If it casues you more stress to drink it than it would relieve it's not worth it according to my OB/Gyn, but as my dr. pointed out European babies are as healthy if not more healthy than American babies and women there don't stop drinking. 

I don't think you're a bad mommy at all. I had a glass of wine at Thanksgiving because my mom and MIL swore up and down they drank wine here and there when they were pregnant and we all turned out fine. I'm honestly just afraid I won't be able to stop and I'll drink the whole bottle or something.  Especially without any supervision. LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

:::whispers:::
    I had wine too.  Several glasses when we were in France around 26 weeks, in fact. And I also shared a beer with my husband a time or two during the 3rd trimester.

I don't think you'd have an issue stopping, though.  After one glass (I would only have one glass/day *tops*), I felt it a LOT more than pre-preg.

• Options
    Go ahead and have a glass. I had a few, and my OB even said an occasional glass during 3rd tri was fine!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Another pg wine drinker here.  Like pp said, I never wanted more than one glass because one glass would have the desired effect!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    I often had a "glass" of wine during the 3rd tri.  We have these port wine glasses that are tiny (maybe they hold 1.5oz or something) and I'd fill it up (again, maybe 1.5oz) and drink up.  I definitely did this at least once per month. My doctor is British and definitely encouraged me to drink wine in the 3rd tri to relax. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i probably had the equivalent of a half glass of red/week during my 2nd tri and 1-1.5 glasses/week during my 3rd. no shame here!
  • Options
    ditto PP.  I also had wine and beer while pregannt.  DS is perfectly normal.  
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just have it. You won't want to have more. I'm a big ole wine drinker and couldn't handle more than half a glass the handful of times I drank while pregnant. To be honest, the smell of red wine was wayyyy better than the taste.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had a glass in my third trimester too. It was my birthday after all and it was delicious!!!
  • Options

imageHey Jellisy:

WSS

Next time just have a glass.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"