TTC after 35
Options

Injectables?

Anyone doing a hybrid IUI cycle, would you share what your dosage is for whatever med(s) you use?  I'm trying to get an idea on pricing for us to do this but I don't know what the dosage usually is, if there is a "usual" starting dosage. 

TIA!!

Re: Injectables?

• Options

It all depends on your situation, every couple is different. Normally, they start you out on a low dose of clomid (50 mg) and build from there. Clomid is usually covered by your drug co-pay (at lest mine was). They go up to 150 mg of clomid, then add injectables depending on your need. The most common is Menopur. 

I bought 3 doses of Menopur and an Ovidrel trigger shot for $300. You usually have to go to a specialty pharmacy. Walgreen's has a specialty division and they have a "discount club" program that is well worth the $20 sign up fee.

Ask your doctor what protocol he recommends for you and then find out what pharmacy he sends his patients to. 

Good luck!

• Options
    I did an IUI combo cycle where I did 50mg of Clomid for days 3-5 and injectables for cd5-7.  I used Follistim (sp?) but I can't remember what my dose of Follistim was.  I think it was 150, but I'm not sure.  I also did a trigger shot.  It was 5 years ago, so I don't remember how much that cycle cost, but with all the meds, the dr visits, ultrasounds, etc I think the total for the cycle was $2000.  The cycle was a BFN, so we moved on to IVF after that cycle.
    Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
    Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"