January 2011 Moms
Options

Mirena IUD ?

I dont know if this is the right board to ask this or not but i'll give it a try and see if you ladies have any advice.

Ok i just had my first LO december 17, 2010 and i want to start trying again this december for #2. I had my 6 week check this week and we went over bc options for me because i cant have anything with estrogen due to headaches i get from the extra estrogen. Anyways my doctor only gave me 3 options the mini pill which he didnt want me to do because i got pregnant on that last time, mirena, or implanon. My doctor talked me into doing mirena because its the easiest to have removed since i want it in less than a year. I now just read over the pamphlet and it sais that 80% of women get pregnant after 12 months from having mirena removed.

So my question to you ladies is if you have ever used mirena and if you did how long did it take for you to get pregnant again? Any ideas would be appreciated or if you think i should ask a different board this question. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mirena IUD ?

• Options

I have NO idea! Maybe the 2U2 board might be a good one to go to as this is what you are looking to do.

By the way - I can't imagine doing this all over again. Good for you for planning to get back in the game...my H would LOVE if I told him I wanted to do this! Right now I can't even fathom another c-section OR another newborn. I'm exhausted! And I can't seem to get a grip on taking care of LO, myself, the house, and  being a wife. All I can handle these days is LO - and that's even tough!

• Options
    I have a friend that just got her Mirena IUD out and started trying, but it has only been a month...What about a diaphram, or is that too much work.... it is a hassle but hormone free.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got pregnant with my third child while I was on Mirena. 
  • Options
    I had mine in for 3 years with no problems except when I went to have it removed and the strings had been pulled up above the cervix and it was a bit of an issue to have taken out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"