Pregnant after IF
Options

Spent the afternoon in Labor and Delivery

I was in a minor car accident the other day (fender bender hit from  behind) and H was driving. We were at a stop light. Anyways I was so upset and I could feel the baby move so I didn't get checked out.

I did call my MW and she mentioned in the next couple of days if anything happen I could come in. Well I had some sharp pains on my left side this morning..three in a row for about a minute. Then that was it. I called and they sent me over.

I had an ultrasound and blood work done and was able to hear the heart beat. They check for contractions and I wasn't having any.  The ultrasound detected no abruption sp? or anything so I was sent home. 

The baby was kicking like crazy and kicked the fetal monitor right off which is funny to me since I haven;t felt anything really that strong with an Anterior placenta.

So I'm very happy all is well. They thing the strong pains might have been muscular. Poor H is working nights and is sleeping now but will have to be up in an Hr. I'm so glad he came with me though.

Bonus we got two pictures. One of the baby waving and a straight on pic of it's face. I cry every time I hear the heart beat...these people probably think I a wacko.

Anyways thanks for listening!

TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April

Re: Spent the afternoon in Labor and Delivery

• Options
    Wow, how scary !! I'm soooo glad that you & the LO are both ok !!! I would be a nervous wreck until i got the final ok.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok.  I had a fall on some stairs when I was as far along as you were and they checked for the same things.  So scary but good to know everything is alright. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok. And yay for pictures of the baby.
    TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!
    TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April
  • Options
    Glad everything is OK!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Scary!   I'm glad everything is OK.
    Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Glad everything is okay!!! I am sorry that you had to go through this but at least you got your pictures! :)
  • Options
    So sorry about the car accident.  Glad all are okay!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm so glad everything is okay.
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options
    I'm glad everything was alright!! Going to L&D early is not fun.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    So glad everything is ok! I just love to hear the heart beat too!!!
  • Options
    I'm so glad that you and your LO are alright!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Thats scary, but good to get checked out- glad to hear you are doing well!  Extra pictures are always great!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"