Natural Birth
Options

hypnobabies and/or music during birth

I am doing the Hypnobabies home study course to prepare for this birth (although I keep falling asleep during the cd!). There are (I think) 2 cd's for the day of the birth, including affirmations and hypnosis.

I really like the idea of listening to music though too. Probably just some faves to keep me relaxed and in a good mood  :) I guess my question is do you think I could use both or should I only listen to the cd's from hypnobabies so that I can be working with the program from the beginning?  If listening to the lady on the birthing cd starts to irritate me for some reason, will I still be able to put everything I learned into action with just some relaxing music? I don't know why this is all of a sudden freaking me out a little.

PS: any of you who have used hypnobabies... did you just put it in the cd player or use headphones on your ipod or something? TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hypnobabies and/or music during birth

• Options
    I'd love to hear the answer to this. I'm considering buying hypnobabies since the only hypnobirth instructor has a six week old now and doesn't know if she'll be able to do the classes with baby there.
  • Options

I used the hypnobabies home study for my delivery.

I too thought I may get annoyed or the cd may not work so I had some music as a backup.

Now thinking back, my pushing happened so quickly that I may have only listened to the affirmations CD when I was actually pushing. 

I had the cd playing in our entertaiment unit so I used the speakers in our surround sound but it was on very very low. 

Here is my birth video, you can hear the CD faintly in the background.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/spanishcrunchymama#p/u/9/_nCbCwQ04Ko 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I did hypnobirthing, so a little different experience, but I found the talking very distracting.  My hypnobirthing teacher had given me some instrumental music that was recorded in hypnotic rhythms and that's what I used the entire 17 1/2 hours.  You aren't going to know what's going to work until you are in the situation, so I say practice both ways.

Definitely use headphones!!  My MW recommended that to me and I'm so glad she did.  The lady next door to me was very vocal and it helped to drown her out.  I honestly think it would have made me nervous to have to listen to her.    

• Options
    If you want to use music, you should practice with that as well as with the cd's. I use hypnobirthing and I listened to the cd's with the my last birth, but wished i had some of my own relaxing music. This time I practice my hypnosis with a cd and then continue with the music i intend to use during the birth. My mind has already associated the music with relaxation.
  • Options
    I had the Easy First Stage playing through speakers hooked up to my ipod on repeat, but it was turned down low enough so that I could hear cues from DH. I really enjoyed having it playing in the background, it was the perfect focal point and reminder to relax, and open, I also feel that it helped me more than just relaxing music would have.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It's good to hear other people's experiences to kind of get an idea of what to expect. I think I will try practicing with music too, just in case. That way I'll be prepared with whatever I choose to listen to on the big day. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am a Hypno-doula and find that my moms enjoy both!  Some listen only to the Hypnobabies CDs, some listen to a combo of music and the Hypnobabies.  So I suggest having both available.

I find the sometimes moms like listening to it out loud, but some like with the headphones.  So again having both available is ideal.  Because there is no way to know what you will want until you are there!  :)

Enjoy your birth!

Sheridan

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"