April 2011 Moms
Options

coffee drinker's guilt

For the first 6 months of my pregnancy I was really good about not drinking any coffee - maybe a cup every other weekend. But lately I've been drinking 2 small cups every morning and although I read that this is ok, I can't help but feel like a bad mum sometimes Stick out tongue

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: coffee drinker's guilt

• Options
    don't feel bad : ) My doctor told me "when I was pregnant I had 2 cups of coffee every day"... you will be fine. I drink a cup a day and sometimes my cups are commuter cups which are probably the same as 2 cups : ) If it makes you feel better get the 1/2 caffinated kind that folders (i think) has!
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. I gave up caffeine months before I became pg because I was totally addicted. I started drinking decaf and honestly, after a few weeks of bad headaches, it wasn't that bad. I plan on staying caffeine-free after, but a cup or two here and there won't hurt either. I'm sure you're a great mum!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink a cup a morning. If I didn't, I wouldn't be functional. I don't feel guilty at all. The baby will quickly learn that the cup of nasty black stuff means a whole new mom in the mornings.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options

No guilt allowed. I have my cup and then a cup of some other type of caffeine during the day at some point. Be it another cup of coffee, iced tea or sometimes, if I'm craving it, a coke.

All will be well.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    I'm drinking a cup as I type this. Stick out tongue  and I will probably go back for one more.  I've been averaging 1-2  a day too.  It's funny, before I was pregnant, that was really the maximum I would drink, but now I crave coffee all throughout the day!  I'm proud I can keep it limited to 2.   My doctor said it's fine- especially since I don't drink caffeine in any other drinks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMissLadyTay:
    I drink a cup a morning. If I didn't, I wouldn't be functional. I don't feel guilty at all. The baby will quickly learn that the cup of nasty black stuff means a whole new mom in the mornings.

this completely!

• Options
    imagevilaro:

No guilt allowed. I have my cup and then a cup of some other type of caffeine during the day at some point. Be it another cup of coffee, iced tea or sometimes, if I'm craving it, a coke.

All will be well.

This. I wasn't feeling so bad about my morning cup of joe until I realized I normally have a Coke (or two) with lunch (and normally dinner) as well. Hey, so what if my kid comes out with a twitch? Wink All kidding aside, us and our babies are just fine.

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    Drinking a cup as I type this...no worries at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageMella&T:

Ditto! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebrooketini:

imageMella&T:

Ditto! 

As am I! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• Options
    I don't drink coffee but I have been drinking tea this whole pregnancy. I need my tea in the morning lol! Oh.. I have the odd coke sometimes too.
  • Options
    I have a cup of coffee every day and haven't felt guilty about it once.  My OB said it was fine so I'm not worried about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got guilted from someone for having a sip of my husbands soda, but now that I know I'm not alone, I confess....I have a cup of coffee every morning....per the doctors orders!!!  I'm glad I'm not alone. 
  • Options
    I miss my caffeine.  I started having heart palpitations and chest pain real bad early in pregnancy.  Had heart tests everything came back fine.  Dr said to cut out all caffeine.  I have the occasional cup, but when I do, my heart goes crazy.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSteph1673:
    imagebrooketini:

imageMella&T:

Ditto! 

As am I! 

Add me to this list!  If you continue feeling guilty definitely try the Half-Caff from Folgers - its good!

• Options
    I have 2 cups of caffeinated tea a day and the very occasional coffee. Don't feel bad at all!
  • Options
    Like pp have been telling you, no need to feel guilty.  Heck, coffee is the ONLY thing that gets me to poop!  If I don't have any coffee I can be stopped up for days :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Don't feel guilty! I feel like each person has to do what's right for him/her (within reason, of course). 

I had to kick my coffee habit because I'm a total addict (you know the stereotype of the English professor with the mug while lecturing?) That's me--all day! I've had a few of the bottled Starbucks drinks since they sell them in the college bookstore--maybe three since I've been pregnant. I'm SO looking forward to going back to coffee after the baby's here...

and good, dark microbrewed beer! One of my friends who had her baby the day after Christmas admitted that she sometimes has a beer after a nightly feeding of her new little guy. (Beer at 3 a.m.?--this makes waking up in the middle of the night sound fun!) Yep, I'm one of those writers. I run on two fuels, coffee and beer. This has been hard for me. I'm completely a fan of those articles that say that a dark beer with dinner may help you have more breast milk for night-time feedings and am looking forward to trying it out.

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    I never gave up my coffee. I limit it. I try and only do 2 cups a day. But that is the only caffeine beverage I drink. As long as you are watching how much. You will be fine. Don't worry :)

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Options

Thanks you guys Smile

It's good to hear that I'm not alone - I ran into a lady on Friday who seems shocked to see me "in my state" drinking a small cup of coffee at the bakery. I should know better than to let some nosey stranger bring me down, but sometimes you can't help it!

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"