VBAC

mixed news

So I don't expect to be pregnant again for a while (one LO is enough for now), however I am already hoping to have a VBAC in the future.  I was exploring the ICAN website when I discovered that my state has a chapter (yeah!).  I joined the email list right away and can't wait for the next meeting.  I was also excited to see that in their previous meeting they had a discussion on gentle cesareans and apparently there are OBs in the area that actually do them.  The bad news is that the majority of the hospitals in the state have either a ban or policy making VBACs nearly impossible.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: mixed news

• Hopefully some minds policies will get changed soon, before you have another. So great you have a chapter to meet with near you! :)
  • I'm sorry, that is frustrating. Are there any hospitals in your area that do VBACs? Any birth centers?  If there are OBs in the area who do them, there must be at least one hospital that allows them, and while that is not ideal, it's all you need. :)

I hate that so many hospitals won't let women have VBACs.That said, it looks like you won't be having another LO for a while, so try not to stress about it.  A lot can change in a year or two.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Once you get involved with the chapter, they can point you toward centers/hospitals/doctors who are VBAC-friendly.  Good Luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gentle cesareans? what does that intail?  I'm so interested...I'm going to start ttc in the summer and the only thing that is holding me back  is that I had a miserable recovery and really don't want to have another cesarenan.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be "required" to have one by my ob and would love to know more about this "gentle cesarean"...please share
  • imagekellystoo:
    gentle cesareans? what does that intail?  I'm so interested...I'm going to start ttc in the summer and the only thing that is holding me back  is that I had a miserable recovery and really don't want to have another cesarenan.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be "required" to have one by my ob and would love to know more about this "gentle cesarean"...please share

Why would your OB require it? Is there a reason you can't try VBAC?  I assume you are interested in VBAC since you are posting here :)

If you are interested in VBAC and your doctor doesn't really support them, you can look for a doctor or midwife who does.  A lot of doctors won't to VBAC but it doesn't mean the mom is not a good candidate. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"