Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

impending chemical preg

i am going to experience a chemical very soon.  im 4 weeks 5 days but i've had a lot of spotting and had some other signs that just didnt give me a good feeling about this pregnancy.  my beta today was 136 at 18dpo (progesterone 15). i know this is super low, and low anyways considering i got an early bfp.  so now im just sitting here waiting.  honestly i thought with a chemical that it would happen around the time of my period (which was due monday but i only had bright red spotting on this day).  i thought that there wasnt a whole lot of waiting with a chemical preganncy but i guess i was flat wrong.  i just want it over with.  this was the first month my husband and i tried to conceive after our son so im trying to put things in perspective but it's kind of hard.  i did need to gain weight and used clomid for my son - no big deal (although i went through a lot emotionally bc i didnt know what was wrong for awhile) and i worry that it's my stupid body that cant get it right.

for those of you that have had chemicals, how long did you have to wait?  did your hcg #s have to be back down to 0 before it happened?  im also worried that it might really hurt.  i just have no idea what to expect.....

Re: impending chemical preg

• i just read that post below.  i didnt mean to offend anyone.  i AM going to have a miscarriage though, there is no question about it.  i will go somewhere else....
  • OP, that post was not intended toward you. That was referring to the women who come here asking about spotting or weird cramping, things that really do not necessarily indicate a miscarriage. Those questions can be asked on the tri boards. Or newly pregnant women who should really be posting on the pregnant after a loss board, and not on here, where many of us have recently lost our babies. As for your situation, I am truly very sorry about your impending loss. It must be incredibly painful to know that you are still pregnant but will soon miscarry. I did not experience this as I had a missed m/c, so I don't have any advice here for your situation. Please feel welcome to post on here as much as you need to. The ladies on here are really very supportive. We were just venting about other posts in the post below.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetootlebug:

i am going to experience a chemical very soon.  im 4 weeks 5 days but i've had a lot of spotting and had some other signs that just didnt give me a good feeling about this pregnancy.  my beta today was 136 at 18dpo (progesterone 15). i know this is super low, and low anyways considering i got an early bfp.  so now im just sitting here waiting.  honestly i thought with a chemical that it would happen around the time of my period (which was due monday but i only had bright red spotting on this day).  i thought that there wasnt a whole lot of waiting with a chemical preganncy but i guess i was flat wrong.  i just want it over with.  this was the first month my husband and i tried to conceive after our son so im trying to put things in perspective but it's kind of hard.  i did need to gain weight and used clomid for my son - no big deal (although i went through a lot emotionally bc i didnt know what was wrong for awhile) and i worry that it's my stupid body that cant get it right.

for those of you that have had chemicals, how long did you have to wait?  did your hcg #s have to be back down to 0 before it happened?  im also worried that it might really hurt.  i just have no idea what to expect.....

Big Hugs to you and I am so sorry. I had mc last Saturday and it lasted  days, but the first two very very bad. Heavy and painful. I had my final ultrasound on day 4 and had nothing left in my ute....Crying. I didnt want to go back in for labs so I was told if a pg test at home came back negative then ny levels were pretty much back to zero and where they started.

I hope this helps and I am truely sorry......Big Hugs!!!

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • i had a cp last spring. i got a very light positive then started what i thought was my period. we were on birth control and i was new to all that kina stuff so i just assumed we wer not pregnant. then when we began ttc i realized what had happend. i was about four weeks two maybe three days, and it was just like a period, just with extra bad cramping. it only lasted six days. like i said i had no idea what was going on. i hope this goes easy for you. sorry for yourf loss and best wishes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJThomas221:
    OP, that post was not intended toward you.

Yes it was not intended for you but for those who have come here saying they have a wierd cramping, and asking us could they be miscarrying because they are paranoid. I am so sorry for your loss and hope you find comfort her. We are very protective of each other on this board.

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
    06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
    12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
    01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

• okay thanks : )  i was like geeze okay i guess i can be offical next week or something! 

yeah i mean im doing okay.  im trying to put things in perspective - it's still a loss but it was never truly real for me (like it was when i got pregnant with my son) bc i just knew there were things wrong from the start.  the doctor's office nurses are very callous of course.  - she wasnt even going to tell me anything was wrong - just to come in on monday to see if my numbers went up.  the most frustrating part is wondering whether it is just a chromosome problem or if it's by body.  and the other most frustrating part is the freaking waiting for it to happen. i dont want to look at my huge boobs bc it's a lie.  i just want it over with. and of course im worried that the longer this goes on, that it might turn out to be ectopic or something....ugh

• I am so sorry for your loss.  You are very welcome on this board, although we all I am sure wish no one every had to be on this board! But I hope you can find some support and eventually some peace with the situation.  I know where you are at though, I have been waiting on a missed m/s for over 3 weeks now and it can be so upsetting to still be having all the symptoms but know that they don't actually mean anything...  Again I am so sorry for your loss and I hope things start to happen for you soon so you can start to heal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker Blinkies, Glitter Graphics & more" BFP #1 12/26/06 DS born 08/08/07 BFP #2 12/16/10 EDD 08/23/11 Missed M/C ~7weeks D&C 02/04/11 BFP #3 3/11/11 4/1/10 heard HB 149!!! EDD is 11/17/11
  • I didn't experience a c/p either but wanted to say I am sorry for your loss.  Hopefully it will happen soon for you so you don't have to keep waiting.  ((hugs))
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hope it's okay for me to reply here, and if my presence in this thread offends anyone, I am truly sorry.  But I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I had a c/p last cycle in early December... our first ever BFP, the first time seeing "pregnant" on the digital without the word "not" in front of it, only to have the line fade to almost nil 2 days later, and "not" make itself present once more on my digital EPT.  I was so sad and angry - such a cruel thing, to make pregnancy tests that are capable of detecting such tiny amounts of HCG that they can give you a positive even when the little ball of cells that was to become our baby was already gone.

In any event, my doctor was little to no help, but her np told me that as long as my post c/p period was pretty much "normal" in my own estimation, I didn't need to wait any length of time physically before TTC again.  We got pg the next cycle and I'm very hopeful this one sticks, but I'll never be so wide-eyed and naive again as to know what it is like to NOT have the fear hanging over my head of a c/p or m/c.  

Good luck to you! 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• im sorry you are going through this...

• id like to think this is a c/p but the longer this goes on i just feel like it's not.  the frers got darker (very slowly) and was the darkest on friday at 18 dpo when my level was 136.  this makes me think that the numbers arent falling but are inching upwards - coupled with all the spotting im worried that this is ectopic or a blighted ovum (or something else?).  i thought initially that it would be a quick m/c but i feel like this is going to go on for weeks!!  in the meantime, im not making super long term plans (where im gone for several hours) and am wearing a pad everywhere i go bc im afraid it will just start coming out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"