Hawaii Babies

brrrr (vent)

so it's a little chilly, we got a major storm yesterday, and our power went out about 6:45pm.  Had just started to make dinner, but oh well, we'll live.  So this morning, we STILL have no power.  I took the boys out to breakfast (after MH dug out the car) and then dropped them off and went to work. 

I get a call at work that LB's hands and feet are freezing, even through his socks and clothes.  I get a hotel for 2 nights, go home, get them settled in the the hotel and I'm back at work.  I hear on the radio not to expect power until Sat night late or sometime on Sunday.  OY! 

But at least we're safe and now they are warm.  Bummer is that I just got a huge grocery order Tuesday night, and now most of it will have to be thrown out. 

Re: brrrr (vent)

• glad you got them set up at a hotel, I can imagine it would get cold pretty quickly and little kids are tough to help - an adult could probably just hole up under the covers and watch tv or read for quite a hile but no chance of a 1 year old being ok with that.  Sorry about the food - that would be a total bummer!!

• oh sorry you have to deal with that!

but re: the groceries - if it's that cold outside, couldn't you just put it all in boxes and set it outside? ;)

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrspresley:

oh sorry you have to deal with that!

but re: the groceries - if it's that cold outside, couldn't you just put it all in boxes and set it outside? ;)

we live in a condo, so it's not really all that private or safe to leave stuff out there.  I think I might have gotten away with that in theory if I would have done it last night, but I'm pretty sure at almost 24 hrs, we're at the limit.

• Oh no! Sorry to hear. I hope you get your power back asap. At least you're all now safe and warm in the hotel. I am glad we were not affected. LO and I went out before the storm started. Glad we were home before the snow came! We would have been one of the people who has gotten stuck on the road.
  • Eek =( That must've been a rough night! Sorry to hear about your groceries too =( Hopefully the power will come back soon!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Geez, I hope things warm up a bit for you soon and you can go to your own heated home. Until then, try to have fun staying in a hotel room. I've always loved being in hotel rooms for some reason!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"