Preemies
Options

can't start baby book

So I have been thinking about working on my sons baby book but everytime I pick it up and start looking at the pages and thinking about writing in it I start crying and getting very emotional.  It is hard to think back to how he came into this world so early and everything we went through.  I know we are very blessed to have him with us and doing so well but it still hurts to think about how it wasn't the way I thought it would be.  I think it is especially hard today because a friend of mine just had her baby- a healthy 9 lb 2 oz.  It just makes me kind of jealous that we didn't have that kind of birth story.  Sorry to whine here just had to get it out.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can't start baby book

• Options
    I feel the same way. Her baby book is blank at this point, and I have yet to type out her birth story. Everything is still too fresh emotionally for me.
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. It literally took me two years after my DS NICU stay and then his 3 week stay in the hospital for RSV to start my baby book. I couldn't bring myself to do it until one day I just took a deep breath and did it. It definitely was a very emotional time though. Do it when you feel ready to tackle it.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

I just started DD's a few weeks ago and to be honest, I think it is actually helping.  I refused to buy a baby book for the reasons you listed.  I did not want her to look at her book and think that because she was early, it wasn't a happy time.  I wanted her to know how happy we were to meet her and how beautiful and strong we thought she was.  So, I started a scrapbook that gives that message. 

I think just looking at it from the perspective of "look at how far we have come as a family" really helped to make it a positive experience.  It is hard not to compare to the picture perfect deliveries in the movies but our stories are amazing and for better or for worse, a helluva lot more intersting!

• Options

The only thing I did do....was footprints.  I wanted to be sure and capture their footprints.  (my book came with a print kit)

The writing, photos and all of that...I haven't been ready to complete them.  I will though, because one thing that bummed me out in my youth, was my mother never filled my baby book out.  My footprints are in there, and that's it.  It's blank.  Nothing says more to a kiddo than to see a blank book.  It was awful to stare at it.  My older sister's book is filled out completely.  My mom always said she was "too busy" to fill mine out.  It still hurts she never completed it for me. 

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"