Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Books?

I am suffering through a m/c right now . I really love to read and was wondering if anyone had any book rec's ? Not necessarily a book about grief but any that helped you ?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Books?

• Options

I am really sorry for your loss. I have been reading voraciously since my miscarriage two weeks ago. So far, I found To Full Term: A Mother's Triumph Over Miscarriage by Darci Klein to be extremely helpful. A slight warning, though, as I was reading some of the early passages, it was all so fresh and her writing is so vivid that I found myself having a hard time making it through some parts without sobbing. But the story overall is really positive and she's so informative that I found it helpful. 

She also really likes and recommends Preventing Miscarriage: The Good News by Jonathan Scher. I've only just started it so can't yet recommend it myself, but so far, so good. 

Sending warm thoughts to you. 

• Options
    Empty Arms, its a Christian based book by Pam Vredevelt. It was given to me by a friend from church who suffered through 3 miscarriages. It has been a very emotional read for me. But I think it was what I really needed. I hope it will be good for you too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Google it, here is a site I found:  https://pregnancy.about.com/od/pregnancybooksvideos/tp/aa030203a.htm

These ones also sounded good to me (I'm not very religious):

Miscarriage:  Women's Experiences and Needs by Christine Moulder

Talking About Miscarriage by Sarah Murphy

The Infertility Diet:  Get Pregnant and Prevent Miscarriage by Fern Reiss

And for Daddies:

A Guide for Fathers When a Baby Dies by Tim Nelson

• Options

Lucious Lemon

It's fiction, but helped my cry and release some grief

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards