Maryland Babies

HarCo Daycare: questions from first-timer

Hi Ladies!!  This is my first time posting on this board.  I'm pregnant with my first, and have a few questions.  I live in Abingdon, and will soon begin searching for daycare providers in the area.  Based on our travel to/from work - Bel Air, Abingdon, Joppa, Fallston areas would be ideal for us. 

DH and I would like to explore both centers and in-home providers.  I am pretty familiar with the centers in the area, but how do you search for in-home providers?  Is there an online resource, or is it mostly word of mouth?  (I'm not from this area originally, and none of my local friends have babies...so no one else to ask.)

Any places that you would suggest? 

Thanks in advance for any and all information that you can share!  Hope to be posting more in the future.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: HarCo Daycare: questions from first-timer

• Hi there and welcome to the board! There are lots of us in Abingdon and Bel Air.

The best way I have found to find in home daycare is Locate. That will give you a list of daycares meeting your specifications (times, no pets, meals provided, etc). They can't recommend one, so it does take some calling around to find ones with openings and that you feel comfortable with, but it worked well for us when we needed it. Good luck!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Great - thank you so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lisa is right... I used LOCATE to find several DCP in the area. We actually found our current DCP via Craigslist. I would definitely call and interview both in-home and centers. We would loved to send DD to a center, but it wasn't in the budget at the time.

Good luck. 

• Locate is a great online source, but you can also call Child Care Links (their office is located behind the Festival Shopping Center).  All in home DC providers have the option to fill out a long packet of information regarding our program.  So, when you call their office they can ask you the same questions to help find the program that best fits your needs.  Congrats and good luck on your search :o)

Here is their website:

https://hcchildcarelinksinc.org/ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"