Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Less than 3 months

April 17th was our due date for our 2nd child. We have been wanting to plan a vacation this year so I decided what better time? Rather than constantly thinking about how I should be holding a brand new baby in my arms and watching my friends pregnant bellies grow bigger, we will be escaping to Puerto Vallerta for 10 days. I have two friends who found out this week what the sex of their babies were and all I can think about is how I should have already known. I should be hitting my third tri here soon if I shouldn't have already been in it. Also, when we come back from Mexico, it will be six month since my husbands last chemo treatment and we will be able to go have him tested to see if he is still fertile or not. Do you thinkwe should do it before we go just in case the results are not in our favor?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Less than 3 months

• Options

I am so very sorry for your loss.

To answer your question, if I were in your position I would take the 10 days vacay and have your husband get tested when you return.  IMO hearing bad news 10 days sooner would do nothing more than put a damper on your time off together.  And from the sounds of it, you both could use the break.  It would probably be good for you both to get away and take your minds off everything.

That's the great thing about vacations... you get to pick and choose the things you'd rather ignore for x amount of time, and deal with them when you get back.

It's a personal choice and whatever the two of you choose, I wish you all of the very best.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"