Georgia Babies

Question for a Disney Expert!

I am wanting to plan a family trip to Disney for the Spring.  Most likely will be bringing my parents and in-laws.  I have been looking at some of the sites online but am still confused about the best options for places to stay.  My husband would like to stay on-site but I would really like to have a kitchen and separate room (not a hotel room). I am kinda leaning towards staying off property just to be able to have more space and a better price.  Do any of you have recommendations either way for accomodations, off-site or on-site?

Guess this winter weather is getting to me Big Smile I've got warmer weather and Spring on my mind!

TIA!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker m/c at 8weeks 2007 DD born 2009 m/c at 15weeks 2010 m/c at 6weeks 2011

Re: Question for a Disney Expert!

• Have you looked at Disney Boardwalk?  I think they have villas that offer what you are looking for.  My preference is to stay at a Disney property but not everybody feels that way. 

I have been to the Wyndham Bonnet Creek (I think that's the name) when my brother and sil stayed there and it was a really nice 2 BR, 2 BA with a full kitchen and dining area.  Right close to Downtown Disney.  It was a nice place but I still prefer to be onsite. 

• I was recently looking off-site for spring break.  VBRO.com has a ton of places, disneyvillas.com, www.allstarvacationhomes.com, i was also trying to find a place that allowed pets.  Anyways, there are a lot out there off site.  I think it just depends if you really want to be onsite or not.
  • Loading the player...
  • We stayed on property at Old Key West in a 3bed villa. It was very very nice to not be in just a hotel room.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm partial to staying on property b/c of all the perks- free transportation to/from the airport and the parks, extra magic hours when the park is open early/late for resort guests, and just overall experience.  You can't beat Disney service.  I am also spoiled b/c my inlaws are DVC members.  But here's what most people don't realize- anyone can stay at the vacation club properties!  We prefer Old Key West b/c it has the largest rooms.  We'll be staying there in a week- there will be 5 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bedroom villa and there would still be room for more!  But they are all nice.  They are called "villas" on Disney's website- and several resorts offer them.  The villas have a full kitchen, laundry, living room, everything you would need.  We love staying there.  Now these rooms are generally very pricey, but if you time it right, they are also usually eligible for the deepest discounts (up to 40% off) when Disney runs special rates.  Just call and ask them what the cheapest is you could do.  Also consider renting points from a DVC member.  They will often sell them at a discount if they are about to expire and they know they won't use them.  Check out mousesavers.com, allears.net, and the other disney fan sites for tips and advice. 

• Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, I am on my iphone. We have done both on-site and rented a house. Honestly, we prefer renting a house. There are some amazing houses you can rent near the parks and they are much cheaper than staying at Disney. We rented a 4 bd/4 ba house with a pool and spa for less than staying in a room at their Deluxe hotels (and it was still less to rent when we used DHs airline employee discount which 40% off their regular rates). I like being able to come back to the house and soak my legs in the spa and go swimming. The rental houses all have a rec room with air hockey, pool tables, or the like. Also, we made one trip to Publix for food for the week, so we saved a ton on eating out. We stayed in the Windsor Hills community. The neighborhood was gated and guarded. They have a great community pool and playground. One thing we hated about the Disney resorts was the long waits for the buses. It was so much easier just to drive and not have to worry about entertaining Lauren for 15 minutes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"